Sr ETL Applications Engineer (App Sys Eng 5)
Compensation: $89,120.00 - $130,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
This position will act as a developer for the Consumer Authorized Provisioning Point (APP) application on the Enterprise Data Lake. The Auto Data Team uses Ab Initio to load data into warehouse . The ETL team is responsible for developing, testing, data loading and data cleansing for Retail, Wholesale and Equipment finance data mart.
The following are the core responsibilities for this Sr Ab Initio Applications Engineer role:
- Acts as a Tech lead, SME in providing guidance in application design & consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Lead and support ongoing ETL efforts for Development / analysis, QA cycles and support Production environments
- Develop and foster a positive relationship by assisting team members, team leads, business partners
- Develop complex code as per business need with coding guidance that lead to less staff.
- Develop and update documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Follow all Enterprise SDLC process and standards
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of analytics experience
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
Other Desired Qualifications
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 4+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation
- 3+ years of source or version control tools experience
- 3+ years of Autosys experience
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to manage a virtual or remote team
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to proactively manage and mitigate issues
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience monitoring industry, technology and regulatory trends to determine business impacts
- Knowledge and understanding of business reengineering principles and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: creation of: FSDs, test scripts, test plans, and test execution
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- 5+ Proficient with DQ tools such as Ab Initio DQE/Express>IT, Metadata Hub
- 3+ years of experience in application & data architecture and solution design
- 3+ years of automation or regression testing experience
- Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC or Fremont,CA
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
- Directs and serves as a mentor to less experienced staff
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NCDisclaimer
CA-Fremont: 3440 Walnut Ave Bldg A - Fremont, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: data analytic, data architect, data center, data integration, data integrity, data manager, data warehousing, database, hbase, mongo database administrator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...