Jr. Data Analyst - DBA2
Compensation: $76,210.00 - $126,540.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, on-line, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for understanding and analyzing business & data requirements. Prepare detailed functional specifications that drive the overall design of the data environment. This includes developing a broad understanding of the upstream and downstream systems and processes, including impact and map & gap analysis of current databases and reporting systems. This person will perform data analysis using a variety of SQL tools to query major databases and provide technical assistance to subject matter experts in identifying, evaluating and developing data models and solutions that meet business requirements. It will support data validation and testing approach, systems testing, and support data quality processes. Provide support to achieve strategic and tactical goals.
Assists in the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and/or control of the organization's databases. Under regular supervision, performs basic server-class database activities including one or more of the following: routine troubleshooting, maintenance, and production support; basic database performance monitoring and tuning; data mapping; routine testing; and smaller back-up and recovery activities. May assist with or perform basic logical data modeling; database design; programming and coding, documentation of policy and procedures; simple database installations and migrations.
- Understanding business processes and relationships to existing data. Working with business contacts, analysts and other subject matter experts to identify, understand and document business needs for data
- Creating source-target mapping document and functional data specifications
- Understanding upstream and downstream process, the impact of change to database and communicate, educate team members and partners
- Support strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data architecture and data management strategies.
- Providing data consulting services to application teams utilizing supported data environments
- Develop deeper knowledge of data and processes towards becoming subject matter expert.
- 1+ year of database design and administration experience
- 1+ year of financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher obtained prior to program start date
Other Desired QualificationsSalary Information
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle
- Knowledge and understanding of UNIX
- Financial services industry experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.Street Address
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $49,700 Mid: $69,000
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $49,700 Mid: $69,000
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MNDisclaimer
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Loading some great jobs for you...