Business Applications Analyst I
Compensation: $86,085.00 - $147,580.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Business Applications Analyst I for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office I, Remote or Plano Legacy.
Provides proficient analytical, business, and technical knowledge related to specific business functions, processes, and applications. Works independently to support business analytics and decision-making processes.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Analyzes business and technical information and provides analytical support to business decisions making.
- Collaborates with internal customers to understand business needs and opportunities.
- Provides intermediate to complex analysis, supporting the planning and implementation of systems and upgrades, and process changes.
- Coordinates, prepares, and delivers training to customers and peers that cover new or upgraded applications and processes.
- Leads/participates in development and/or maintenance of business analytics and decision support solutions.
- Performs and may coordinate business and application support.
- Analyzes discrepancies and system failures.
- Facilitates and performs resolution activities to minimize business impact and avoid future exposure.
- Informs team leadership and business partners of business implications associated with those events and develops recommendations to mitigate future impact.
- Advises customers on matters related to overall business analytics and decision support solutions.
- Maintains proficient understanding of business processes, supporting applications, and strategic direction.
- Collaborates and exchanges information with team members, customers, and information services to ensure dependencies, risks, and opportunities are identified.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 4 years progressive operational systems or data support experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Some knowledge in finance, accounting or CFO
- Some knowledge working as a business analyst or development product owner
- Some experience in Agile methodology
- Strong knowledge in Tableau reporting; strongly desired
- SAS computer programming language experience
- Hyperion Essbase experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/26/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: analyze, business analyst, business intelligence, business systems analyst, government, inspect, investment analyst, law, legal, monitor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...