Agile Test Analyst II or Senior
Compensation: $64,600.00 - $104,840.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.Summary of This Role
Carry out procedures to ensure that all applications under test (AUT) meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Thoroughly test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Document and work to identify all problems to ensure resolution. Report progress on testing and problem resolution to appropriate parties. Devise improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Perform work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.Job Specific Main Duties & Responsibilities
Main duties for this role are to help team design and develop enhancements to the system that support business goals and processes for Capital One. This role acts as the technical professional for the team and must ensure that the development meets the intended goals through practices such as peer programming, daily standup communication, and product demos
Typical Day in the life of the person: Agile team of 5-7 people comprised of Business, Technical, and Testing team members, sitting in close proximity to each other, finding a balance between individual and team work.Job Specific Skills & Competencies
Key competencies for success in this role are: Customer Focus Orientation; Effective and balanced communication; Self-awareness; Team and relationship oriented; High level of personal accountability and workmanship.
Key skills include: mainframe development in batch, online, database, and packets; exploration of alternative development methods and ideas; ability to work without constant supervision
Position will require some travel as dictated by client. Less than 10%; quarterly average for travel is 2-4 days, On a day to day basis you will:
You should apply if you:
- Work within an agile scrum team to include a ScrumMaster, Product Owner, business analyst, test analysts, application developers and client counterparts to design and deliver new products or capabilities in an iterative, continuous fashion
- Be accountable for assisting in the gathering and verification of non-functional requirements, review of architectures and designs, adherence to standards, and developing and implementing strategies for validating that the target requirements have been adequately addressed
- Be an active participant in all agile scrum ceremonies
- Be responsible for maintaining project and system documentation
- Be a strong advocate for the development team s priorities and challenge and will push back on scope-creep and negotiate timelines with the product owner
You would be a particularly good fit if you:
- Are flexible, responsive, creative, innovative, accepting of change and place value on people and interactions
- Are business oriented, thinking continuously about what can be done to improve the business, and the business processes which drive the business
- Are able to retain enough independence to evaluate potential solutions based on the overall impact to the organization, rather than the influence of the particular business area and its managers
- Are able to challenge the business manager, sponsor, problem owner and users to define the real business problem behind the expressed needs to ensure that the solution team is solving the right problem, and not providing the right solution to the wrong problem
- Are willing to step into other roles on the agile scrum team when necessary to help the team meet defined goals
What Part Will You Play?
- Are able to collaborate openly within a mixed team of developers, analysts and product owners
- Have the ability to analyze a problem, organize thoughts and recommend approaches
- Are a creative thinker, comfortable pushing the boundaries of standard industry practices
- Are a self-starter looking for responsibility and a place you can make an impact
- Like to innovate and make things around you better
- Have programming/technical experience
- Are experienced in Agile/Scrum methodology, and the development of associated project artifacts (i.e., user stories, acceptance criteria).
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Conducts online, batch and data verification testing (checked for accuracy and inconsistencies after data migration is done) and validates test results. Creates test designs and performs test analysis on complex project requirements (as defined by the client). Coordinates with technical and business resources to identify and resolve complex issues or system defects discovered during the testing and design contingency plans as needed.
- Analyzes requirements necessary to design complex testing strategies (testing objective, methods of testing new functions, total time and resources required for the project, and the testing environment) for internal/external clients (i.e. technical and functional designs). Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and design (define user needs) as it relates to the test design. Recognizes the interrelationships between the various functional components of the system (i.e. collections, posting, authorizations) and the business, technical and project requirements in order to determine the appropriate testing methodology to use during test execution and validation. Performs risk analysis requirements for integrated testing (combined and tested as a group).
- Identifies and recommends design processes aimed at increased efficiency, performance and reliability (automation, load and performance). Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of automated testing tools used to create test designs and execute test plans.
- Works with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop more intricate test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing. Develops and administers best practices to perform test data conditioning and execution of test sets. Works with programming to create certain account conditions and execute special testing requirements for test validation. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the multiple environments by evaluating, interpreting and communicating an understanding of the various components of systems and applications to leadership.
- Compiles, develops and documents test/defect reports and follows all defects through to resolution and closure. Occasionally reviews documentation such as business and technical specifications in order to ensure that the documentation is updated and accurate.
- Maintains and administers procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance according to how they are applied in testing activities.
- Acts as a single point of contact for assigned moderately complex client projects with regard to test activities. Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Typically Minimum 2-4 Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge and IBM Rational tools
- Minimum experience of 2-3 years of Payments Industry knowledge (prefer TSYS experience)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Typically Minimum 4-6 Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge and IBM Rational tools
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certification
- Preferred certifications in Agile (Scrum Master, Developer, Product Owner, etc) but not required
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- IBM Mainframe Systems - TSO, JHS, CICS
- Software Tools - HP Quality Center, IBM Rational Quality Manager, IBM File Manager, Microsoft Office Suite, HP Quick Test Professional/Unified Functional Testing, SoapUI, Soap Sonar, HP Service Test, MS Visual Studio, HP Performance Center/Load Runner, Jmeter, IBM Rational Team Concert, Selenium, Eclipse, SQL Profiler, Putty, Toad, Junit and Nunit Testing Frameworks, Application Lifecycle Management Tools, Paragon Fast Test, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.###.#### or +1.877.###.#### or email at ...@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: administrative, administrative and operational assist, administrative and operational support, administrative assist, administrative support, help, intern, office assistant, operator, usher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...