Compensation: $76,965.00 - $145,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is more than just an island inspired brand, it s a lifestyle! Live the Island Life as an ambassador of our brand, representing the season s stylish trends. We look for those who are passionate about growth as we offer a variety of rewarding positions, from sales to management. You will play an important role in our store leadership, inspiring your team to work together to achieve our goals, create an environment of aloha fun, while exceeding guest expectations - taking them someplace great. Come join us, share knowledge on latest designs and provide guest with world class service!
SET THE COURSE
The Sample Specialist is seasonally responsible for executing product set up and maintenance in enterprise systems, product labeling, inventory tracking, internal documentation, photography coordination and support for the processing of all Design, Sales, Omni, E-commerce, and PR samples. Responsible for the daily facilitation and coordination of coinciding sample needs for PR, Marketing, Sales, and E-Com Photo Shoots.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
SEASONAL (3 Brand Launches per year)
- Utilize Flex PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database to obtain Product Set up & Sampling information
- Create Blue Cherry style master, production orders & sales orders for all Brands including: Men's and Women's Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, Women's Swim and Home. Excel templates are used in these processes enabling us to upload Style Master and Sales Order information into Blue Cherry.
- Process Samples
- Unpack; Sort (Brand/Business Unit); Barcode; Scan into FileMaker (Inventory System); Deliver to appropriate Business Unit; Update Blue Cherry PO s for samples received; Steam lines as necessary for presentations; Log and distribute swatches
- Communicate with Design departments and factories to determine sample status.
- Assist in Brand Launch preparation by coordinating with Omni, Design, International, Marketing and Independent Contractors.
- Manage and coordinate the sample photography for branded line lists and B2B tool.
- Update enterprise systems daily to maintain the photo log in Flex PLM, accurate sample tracking in FileMaker and current Studio Shot Lists in Excel.
- Daily communication with photo studios concerning questions/issues, sample pick-up & return
- Sales Rep sample order management
- Communicate with the Distribution Center as needed to resolve/determine Sales Rep sample status as well as facilitate the shipping needs for each Rep
- Analyze inventory in regards to the orders as needed. Clean Up
- Enter orders into Blue Cherry to Invoice the sample lines shipped directly to Seattle
- Run reports from Blue Cherry to organize and balance the order information
- Utilize an Excel Order Upload process to submit the order information
- Update all dropped styles/colors
- Facilitate and orchestrate all corporate photo shoots and sample photography requests for:
- E-Commerce - 80 + shoots each year
- Creative/Marketing - 200 + shoots each year
- Orsi PR/Sales - 300 + shoots each year
- Photo Shoot Management Requests submitted to the Samples Dept. for a specific shoot
- Process / Hand Off / Ship
- Work in FileMaker to Research/Analyze Request submitted in TrackVia; Order samples as necessary from DC/Vendor through Blue Cherry, email or Box.com; Work with requestor on any substitutions needed; Gather internal samples; Create sample check out; coordinate shipping and/or pick up; communicate check out & shipping/pick up information back to requestor
- Manage, within TrackVia, all Outstanding samples that miss an intended shoot
- Update all photo shoot requests in TrackVia, maintaining a current status for all styles/colors uploaded
- Return- Unpack; organize; check in; return samples to appropriate Business Unit; follow up on any missing/outstanding samples
- Post Shoot- Communicate with various internal/external contacts to manage post shoot sample needs for color work and reshoots
- Photo Shoot Sample Request Management Ordering photo shoot samples from our Agents
- Process internal and external requests submitted to the Samples Dept. for photo shoot samples to be ordered from the factory through our Agents (Vendors)
- Maintain current Excel seasonal templates posted internally on a network drive and on Box.com for our Wholesale Sales Team
- Save, Review and Submit all orders to the appropriate Agents through excel spreadsheets posted on Box.com
- Add internal requests to FileMaker for sample tracking
- Create internal requests for E-com shoots during research and analysis of each shoot request
- Utilize an Excel template to create a photo shoot sample request to be submitted on Box.com- Save, Review and Submit
- Process samples when they arrive
- Sort internal vs external according to packing list; Barcode/Receive internal samples; Distribute internal samples; Log activity for external samples in FileMaker (total units received; units per destination shipped)
- Positively work with the team as well as independently to efficiently execute multiple, high-priority deadlines at any given time
- Maintain the daily organization of all the sample areas including the rotation of all brands 3 times a year for Archiving and Sample Sale.
- Assist with the training of temps/new hires as requested by Manager or Lead
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college courses preferred.
- 1-2 years general office or customer service experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Able to work in custom computer programs.
- Attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Able to work independently in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Must be very flexible with time during Sample Seasons
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Position interacts with all areas of the Company and requires good people skills.
- Must have strong Data Entry skills.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to lift 30 lbs and be able to stand for long periods of time when necessary
To apply, please e-mail your resume to ...@tommybahama.com .* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...