EDI Business Applications Analyst
Compensation: $81,780.00 - $139,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Loading some great jobs for you...
POSITION: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Analyst, Business ApplicationsEssential Functions:IT Services& Operations
Solutions Delivery& Project Management
- Provide a service-oriented, customer-focused IT function that supports ongoing operations that drive efficiency, quality, customer service and growth(
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and manage all EDI-related solutions
- Document standard technical specifications to be shared amongst external partners to ensure all EDI requirements are clearly defined and adhere to industry standards and best practices
- Provide daily operational support to identify and resolve issues with EDI transmissions and document root cause analysis
- Support Customer and Vendor inquiries as related to EDI transactions and order processing
- Create, deploy and execute standard test plans for onboarding new trading partners
- Design, develop, test, modify and document EDI X12 and proprietary flat file documents and application maps as required.
- Monitor and continue to improve upon customer satisfaction and service delivery management.
- Designing, planning, implementing, and supports the company s operations and business applications.
- Coordinate with IS Leadership to adhere best practice with Applications Lifecycle Management, including but not limited to the EDI, ERP, BI/Analytics and Reporting, financial, CRM, SaaS, cloud-based, and outsourced solutions through third party providers.
- Monitoring and managing the performance of IT-related systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
- Participate and deliver root cause analysis for all application related incidents.
- Perform problem tracking, RCA templates, post-mortems, and action item follow-up, monthly metrics.
- Ensure IT policies, procedures and system documentation are up to date and published
- Partner with program management office to effectively deliver new technology capabilities.(
- Execute the IS Project Lifecycle Methodologies and processes that ensure the most effective delivery of innovative solutions that meet time, cost and quality expectations. This includes development methods, estimating techniques, resource utilization processes, project controls and vendor selection, and project management approaches.
- Continuously improve and evolve solution development processes to make the best use of resources.
- Review and negotiate all project related external vendor and supplier contracts.
- Identifies, develops, and initiates innovations on EDI capabilities for improvement and leads the effort to develop project planning, scoping and execution to implement these changes.
- Provides expert level support and maintenance of all EDI and data integration functionality.
- Develops, maintains, and distributes company standard technical and functional specifications that are aligned to industry best practices.
- Strong understanding on data integration and syncing tools and techniques to ensure a proper level of cross platform communication.
- Demonstrate efficient project management practices and utilize project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software and to manage and distribute work appropriately.
- Responsible for ensuring project budgeting, resource allocation, SOW billings and accounting for capital expenditures.
- Work with business stakeholders to elicit, define and analyze business requirements for management metrics, KPIs, queries, reports, and other analytics and then select appropriate tools to implement.
- Provide solutions in JDEdwards, HALO BI, ReportsNow, CRM or other tools available for end users by helping with enterprise information analysis and design.
- Development of business key users through end user training programs, system documentation, and service/incident resolution.
- Operate in a direct, transparent and data-driven fashion, be an effective communicator and forge strong day-to-day working relationships.(
- Build strong technology vendor partnerships, and able to manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- Establish developmental goals and performance objectives that deliver best-in-class information technology services and solutions to the organization.
- Develop and implement training programs to users, Train the Trainers and to increase the overall knowledge, skills, and capabilities in EDI.
- Analyze reports, measurements and external benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement for customer satisfaction, vendor management
- Develop a LEAN culture to drive continuous improvement.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the department
Education: Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience.Experience
: 5 Years of experience in implementing and supporting EDI technologies in the Order-To-Cash and Procure-To-Pay business functions in a manufacturing industry. Additional functions desired.
5 Years of experience in collaborating with business partners, fellow systems analysts and other IT team members to understand requirements and develop solutions that are well architected, stable, reliable, and cost effective.
5 Years performing all major SDLC components including functional and technical requirements specifications, configuration/development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of system solutions that meet the requirements of the business.Computer Skills:
- EDI, ERP, CRM
- EDI standards (such as X12 or EDIFACT)
- Office suite software (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Project management applications
- Programming languages (such as XML, CSV, SQL, Java, and C+) a plus
Associated topics: accumulate, analyse, analyst, customer service, customer service analyst, data, report, statistics, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...