Lead Data Scientist
Target Stores in Victoria, MN
- Industry: Information Technology - Data Architect/Analyst/Administrator
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $91,210.00 - 133,840.00 / Year*
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune50 company and one of America s leading retailers. Behind one of the world s best-loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data scientists, engineers and analysts.
Join Target s Data Science and Analytics team where your goal will be to accelerate omni-channel experimentation to foster a culture of continuous innovation at Target. We believe that continuous innovation is critical to delivering and exceeding our brand promise of Expect More Pay Less to Target s guests irrespective of their preferred channel of engagement and commerce. You will enable continuous innovation and drive business performance via testing and measurement (experimentation). We play a key role in identifying the test-and-measure or A/B test opportunities that continuously help Target improve the guest experience, whether they love to shop in stores or at Target.com.
A role with Data Science and Analytics is a chance to help develop our in-house strength for getting the maximum value from Target s many data assets. We see data as a product and an opportunity to experiment and refine our approach to new guest experiences. This is how we bring to life what wasn t possible yesterday, and generate new revenue sources for Target in the process. Our purpose is to accelerate omni-channel A/B testing to fuel the continuous innovation that we believe is the key to exceeding guest expectations in our stores and digital channels. Together, we positively impact changes to various initiatives, processes and interdependencies that require exceptional data collection, measurement and analysis ultimately leading to quicker and more meaningful decision-making at Target. This is a role for someone passionate about data, feature experimentation and business strategy.
As a Lead Data Scientist in Data Science & Analytics, you ll take the lead as you
- Serve as an advocate of our data-driven culture, work closely with Product and Engineering, helping them use insights that will direct their efforts towards initiatives with the highest impact.
- Develop advanced statistical models and data science methods to drive lean and efficient analysis practices
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, forecasting, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Analyze and explore data in our Hadoop ecosystem, work with the product manager to design in-product experiments, analyze the results, and provide strategic recommendations. Utilize recommender systems, collaborative filtering techniques, propensity modeling to drive Target priorities
- Synthesize analysis and results in compelling storylines and communicate to key stakeholders. You should have the ability to tell a story around the problem, the solution and the impact and value of implementing a solution
- Partner closely with our Product Managers to identify gaps in product offering by conducting comprehensive data analysis, and accelerating the analytics maturity (predictive & prescriptive) in key product areas
- Define data to be collected for measuring the success of new product features, define KPIs, and work with engineering on tracking and instrumentation of data.
- Conquer query optimization problems on large data sets.
- Design and build self-service dashboards using a mixture of analytical and visualization techniques to derive actionable insight from data to influences business and product decisions
- Democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions quicker
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-###-#### for additional information.
Associated topics: data analytic, data center, data integration, data integrity, database, database administrator, etl, mongo database, sql, sybase
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Victoria, MN!