Senior AWS Data Engineer
T. Rowe Price in Owings Mills, MD
- Industry: Information Technology - Data Architect/Analyst/Administrator
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $87,790.00 - 131,300.00 / Year*
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
This role focuses on Data Engineering to bring data from complex and varied systems together for reporting and analysis needs. You will contribute significantly to the build out of our AWS Data Warehouse including planning, engineering, execution of solutions. This individual will also act as a thought leader and mentor for more junior members helping ensure code and design quality. Over time the individual will be expected to become an SME for some of our varied data domains.
You will also:
- Self directs and can manage their own projects of work.
- Be accountable for your work and sometimes others, provide process and standards advice in your area of specialization
- Work independently
- Serve as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Responsible as an SME for their domain of work acting as a leader for significant pieces of development within the team.
- Contributing to the development of standard methodologies within your group
- Participate in code reviews and security assessments to ensure high code quality
- Being accountable for technical debt in your own software
- Leading a small project team, as required
- Taking control of complex problems and step through them in a rational way
- Making tactical vs. strategic trade-offs
- Being flexible in your thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Identifying when junior engineers need help and providing it in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Actively helping team members/make suggestions to improve practices.
- Able to work directly with business partners
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Typically requires 3+ years of progressive experience
- Experience working with AWS
- Experienced with Python or similar OOP language
- Understanding of Data Engineering concepts such as Privacy by Design and Canonical Modeling.
- Familiarity with different data storage techniques and technologies (e.g. Redshift / Columnar Database) and when to use them
- Must be able to work within an Agile and SSDLC environment
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in your job discipline and working knowledge of related disciplines
- Stays up to date with new technologies
- Programs proficiently in several languages and is comfortable switching between them
- Dedication to using sound CCID processes including testing methodologies
- Develops data models or schemas from scratch and knows of key concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers
- Experience in the field of statistics is preferred
Track: Knowledge Management (KM)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data analytic, data architect, data center, data engineer, data manager, data scientist, data warehouse, etl
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!