VP of Business Development and Partnerships
Compensation: $105,560.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
If you love helping businesses explore new revenue opportunities, new product capabilities, and developing new technologies, this is the role for you. The Stellar Development Foundation is seeking a fintech expert with blockchain experience. We are looking for someone who has experience with network effects finding those opportunities to build and deploy our strategy for ensuring broad adoption of the Stellar network amongst new and existing businesses all over the world. As the VP of Business Development and Strategy, your role is three-fold: product feedback, strategic initiatives, and scalable growth. You will work closely with the internal engineering and marketing teams to promote and provide guidance on the value proposition of the Stellar network for established businesses, scaling startups, and brand new companies. You will be responsible for building strategic programs and mechanisms for identifying and engaging with targets, developing and managing relationships with organizations and startups, and operating as a Stellar subject matter expert.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in blockchain and payments, as well as the foundation of having directly driven customer engagement and interactions at the highest levels. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of Stellar to IT architects, engineering teams, C-level executives and business teams. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of companies and products that are or could be built on Stellar.
- Lead SDF's Business Development team, including directly owning certain key relationships and accounts
- Continuously assess and analyze the market landscape and opportunity for Stellar
- Develop mechanisms for continuous identification and prioritization of targets for Stellar adoption, and develop and own metrics and goals relating to such adoption
- Conceive, develop, and launch scalable campaigns, initiatives, programs, and mechanisms for engaging with, educating, and guiding companies on how to build their businesses or at least part of their businesses on the Stellar network
- Develop and manage relationships with key influencers within the fintech space including industry organizations
- Discover, capture, and report learnings from the field about challenges and opportunities as they relate to development on Stellar
- Inform, influence, and contribute to the work of other colleagues across SDF marketing and engineering
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics to growing adoption of the Stellar network
- 8-15+ years of senior business development, executive leadership, operating, product management or technical sales experience within a technology startup or enterprise
- Business-level experience with blockchain and fintech
- Startup founder/senior leader/CxO experience
- Experience working within or with B2B and/or B2C businesses in fintech
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the platform of the people building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Associated topics: business development, business technology, channel partner, client, inside sales, mba, regional sales, sales, territory manager, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...