Systems Engineer III - Oracle DBA
Compensation: $92,790.00 - $131,530.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Systems Engineer III will provide day to day operational support for the national provisioning systems. This position will focus on supporting Oracle RAC databases with Data Guard and GoldenGate on Exadata and VM platforms.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, deploy, and manage Oracle databases to provide security, high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to support mission critical systems.
- Strong experience with performance tuning and supporting RAC, ASM, Data Guard, and GoldenGate.
- Experience supporting Exadata.
- Apply quarterly Oracle security patches.
- Assist with capacity planning, configurations, and complete setup.
- Develop scripts to automate routine activities, including health checks, backups, and monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Available to perform maintenance after hours.
- Role will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years of Oracle database administration experience.
- Minimum of Two (2) years Unix administration experience.
- Experience with MongoDB and/or SQL Server a bonus.
- Must be available for planned after-hours maintenance.
Associated topics: data architect, data integrity, data manager, data management, data warehouse, etl, erp, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...