Research Analyst - Institutional Research
Software Engineering Institute in Pittsburgh, PA
- Industry: Scientific Research - Environmental Science
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $70,265.00 - 116,810.00 / Year*
The Office of
Institutional Research and Analysis significantly impacts work across all areas
of Carnegie Mellon University by collecting, organizing, and analyzing
information that allow staff and faculty to better understand the CMU community
and the environment in which they work. We are searching for a Research
Analyst to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive
in an interesting and challenging work environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
raw data from enterprise systems into usable data sets
data and interpreting results,
to ad-hoc information requests
written reports and verbal presentations, including graphic visualizations.
You should demonstrate:
- Exceptional data management skills
- Strong analytical skills,
- Formal presentation skills,
- Ability to communicate results in a clear and concise manner,
- Close attention to detail, and
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
and passion are vital qualities within the Office of Institutional Research and
Analysis. Inclusion, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity are valued
competencies at CMU. Therefore,
we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact
with a dynamic population of internal
and external partners at a high level of integrity. You
should share our values and work to support the mission of the university
through your work.
- Master s degree with an emphasis on research methods or quantitative
Doctoral degree with emphasis on research methods or quantitative analysis
- Three years of experience working with complex data sets, designing
small research projects, analyzing data, and interpreting results required;
five years preferred.
- Proven working knowledge of Base SAS or related software, including the
ability to understand and develop code, conduct statistical analyses (basic and
complex), and generate summary reports.
- Background check
Please visit Why Carnegie Mellon to learn more about becoming part of an institution
inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!