Compensation: $87,790.00 - $131,300.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
As a Senior Database Developer, you will be working as part of Business Intelligence group and will be responsible for maintenance and enhancement of Enterprise Data Warehouse in both on-Premise and Microsoft Azure Cloud environment. This is to include managing input of various data sources, definition of database architecture, development of database code, construction and maintenance of ETL based processes, design of database reporting, construction of data flow diagrams and fabrication of documentation manuals.
- Responsible for Development & Maintenance of Microsoft Azure Cloud and On Premise Data Warehouse.
- Develop ETL processes using the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS) and Astera.
- Work independently on data warehouse task with minimal amount of supervision
- Create, modify, document and enhance data specifications including identifying and mapping data elements from source systems into the Enterprise Data Warehouse - Translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Provide full life-cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality deliverables
- Develops and maintains corporate data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards
- Development of overall project plans and timetables
- Use of deductive reasoning and analytic ability to transform data into information for key decision makers within the organization verifying that consistent information is always delivered
- Must have BS in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems
- Development Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud environment Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Data Lake.
- Proficient in Microsoft BI Tools SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts with experience in data modelling.
- In depth understanding of database design and ETL processing
- Requires five plus years in craft
- Desirable to have Cognos BI experience.
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of new applications, techniques, and skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills; must be proactive and take initiative
- Professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Computer proficiency including experience using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let s talk.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data engineer, data integrity, data management, data warehouse, database administrator, erp, sql, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...