Sr. Scientist Multi-Physics Modeling
Compensation: $93,473.33 - $161,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
The Scientist will play a key role in the design and development of a nano/micron scale energy conversion device. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for defining, documenting, and communicating a design architecture that meets all requirement specifications in regards to performance, cost and schedule
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop, refine, and use physics-based models to quantify expected technology performance bounds of various energy conversion devices
- Perform thermal and electron transport analysis at detailed component level and at the systems level
- Conduct literature research and utilize scientific community networks to aggregate and organize relevant data
- Assist in efforts to correlate models to experimental data and test results
- Perform complex engineering/scientific analysis with moderate direction and supervision to support the design and development of the integration of energy conversion devices into products
- Plan and participate in experimental testing to support design development
- Assist Project/Program managers in formulating technical approaches to device design that meet system requirements
- Initiate, understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with, SNC's policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements to include generation of scientific reporting and planning documents.
- Originate research papers, design documents, specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, presentations or other documentation in support of design, research and development activities
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic progress reviews, design reviews, product reviews and build/test reviews
- Execute design, research and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Provide estimates of labor hours and material dollars required to accomplish design, research and development activities
- Assist in root cause analysis of issues arising from experiments and engineering unit testing
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team is essential, as are strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to efficiently manage project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires, at a minimum, a MS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 5+ years experience.
- Strong analytical, planning, presentation and interpersonal communication skills are required
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of microsystem and nanosystem physics, design and engineering inclusive of mechanical systems, electrical systems, and/or thermal-fluid systems,
- Experience in design, fabrication and testing prototypes
- Documented record of accomplishments in the relevant field
- Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and provide solutions that meet technical objectives
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC s Responsibility Matrix.
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry, materials science, electrical engineering, or a closely related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to work with abstract concepts and use solid classical and quantum physics-based approaches to formulate physical models and apply them to current chemical, mechanical and/or engineering applications
- Experience analyzing, designing, modeling, correlating and testing lower technology readiness level thermal-to-electrical energy conversion systems
- Experience analyzing, designing, modeling, correlating and testing lower technology readiness level power and energy focused microsystem and nanosystem
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Associated topics: diagram, electrical engineer, plc, renewable, rf, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer, transmission, wind
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...