Senior Prospect Analyst
Compensation: $71,155.00 - $116,250.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Sr. Prospect Analyst serves as the main supervisor and guide for the Prospect Research team. The Sr. Prospect Analyst is responsible for directing a team that identifies, researches, and analyzes prospects for major gift cultivation and solicitation. This research and analysis, through the use of modeling and wealth screening tools, serves as the foundation of headquarters and local fundraising initiatives and affects the success of those initiatives. The Sr. Prospect Analyst provides high-level consultation to the Corporate Director of Principal Gifts and Campaigns on best practices regarding prospect referral, fundraiser rules of donor engagement, fundraiser accountability and prospects record keeping; and serves as the subject matter expert for prospect research to corporate executive team staff, other DR office directors and location leaders.
- Provides data-driven solutions to Prospect Research Management program and drive the development of analytical strategies, tools and ad-hoc reports to support prospect research such as centralized portfolio management, prospect identification, and assignment, portfolio analysis, portfolio penetration, proposal activity, etc
- Provides on-going assessments of Prospect Research Management program's effectiveness - coordinate routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting on fundraisers use of self-qualified prospects and referred prospects
- Guides Prospect Research Management team, in planning, developing and implementing predictive models to facilitate the identification of high-quality prospects.
- Guides Prospect Research Management team in the planning and execution of strategies to identify potential planned and major gift donors through research, modeling and wealth screening
- Provides high-level research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources, including Blackbaud, WealthEngine and other external repositories of public information
- Evaluate team research results for accumulated information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity and linkages
- Evaluates team research results to develop thorough and accurate donor profiles for gift officers
- Collaborates and provides high-level consultation on matters related to portfolio development, solicitation strategy formulation and information gathering
- Maintains and is an active participant in the Association of Prospect Researchers for Advancement (APRA)
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- 5 or more years job-related work in fundraising, prospecting and donor research required
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED/PREFERRED:
- Bachelor s Degree required
- Graduate-level continuing education in fundraising received or ongoing preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrable knowledge of moves management process and donor giving cycle
- Proficient knowledge of Blackbaud CRM database system
- Ability to verify information accurately
- Advanced analytical skills to synthesize a large volume of information from a variety of sources and perform complex analysis to interpret financial data and individual wealth indicators, such as a donor s ideal giving level
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Ability to present effectively to executive staff and board members
- Ability to direct team member s work with other employees, providing direct instruction to other prospect researchers
- Competency in applying logic and reasoning for approaches to problems, leading new challenges, work assignments and establishing the most effective way to address new issues, actions, activities and challenges
- Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Proactively seeks opportunities for acquiring additional knowledge and skills, including cross-training with other Development and Donor Relations Department staff
Associated topics: analyst, business analyst, business finance, business systems analyst, examiner, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, guidance, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...