Software Product Analyst - Claims IT
Compensation: $68,456.67 - $122,520.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Sentry Insurance is seeking a Software Product Analyst to join our Claims IT team. As a Software Product Analyst, you will leverage your basic knowledge of software development and gain experience working with end-users and software engineers, helping to ensure that our business software is highly functional, intuitive and meets or exceeds expectations. This position will work under the direction of management and can be filled as an Associate Product Analyst, Software Product Analyst, or Senior Software Product Analyst based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our strategic Software Product Analysts at Sentry are essential to our success of continuing to be innovative and competitive. As an Analyst you'll:
* Participate in discussions and interact with business users and customers to fully understand their business processes and work environment. Observe how they use software systems to do their job, and brainstorm ways to help them be more efficient and effective.
* Learn to write user scenarios that clearly capture what the users want and help engineering bring them to life in software.
* Learn to create test cases to validate new system features. Work closely with engineering to ensure the system works and performs as intended. Work to anticipate users' actions to find hidden system defects.
* Gain a full understanding of how we develop software and provide ideas and perspective on how we could do it better. Develop a basic technical understanding. Be able to explain the technical building blocks and how information flows within our systems to users of the applications.
WHAT IT TAKES
* Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred. Degree in Management Information Systems or related field is a plus.
* Related work experience.
* Claims experience highly desired
* Possess and leverages analytical and critical thinking skills to enhance processes and improve service levels.
* Communications skills, human relations skills and organizational skills.
* Insurance background desired
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you'll receive.
* Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
* Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
* 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
* Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
* Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
* Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
* Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
* Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
HOW YOU'LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Laura Kaczmarski* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...