Research Associate II, Oncology (Contractor)
Compensation: $80,020.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the future of genetic circuit therapeutics and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast entrepreneurial environment.
We are seeking talented candidates to contribute to our pre-clinical and IND-enabling oncology projects. A successful applicant will be comfortable performing high risk/high impact research, work collaboratively across various projects to meet project milestones and deadlines, and play a key role in building the culture of the company as it grows. Applicants should have demonstrated knowledge of immunological assays to quantify protein and cell expression such as IHC/IF, ELISAs, Luminex-based assays, and multi-color flow cytometry. Experience with protein quantification, sterile cell culture, primary-cell based assays, and molecular biology techniques required. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the future of 'smart therapeutics' and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast startup environment.Responsibilities
- Design and execute a variety of immunoassays to characterize protein expression including ELISAs, Luminex, IHC/IF, and flow cytometry
- Maintain sterile cell cultures for mouse or human primary cells and cell lines
- Optimize and complete cell-based assays to determine cell function such as migration, proliferation, and differentiation assays
- Perform in vitro functional assays to determine immuno-modulatory properties of test compounds for oncology applications
- Support oncology R&D team across multiple parallel projects
- Assist in managing experiment design and data analysis with strong ability to develop clear protocols and maintaining detailed records. Familiar with electronic notebooks and good documentation practices.
- Assist with in vivo cancer model experiments as needed including primary tissue collection and processing
- Conduct data analysis and present in meetings (Prism, Flowjo, Powerpoint, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related discipline with 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting (preferably in biotech or pharma industry)
- Direct experience with sterile cell culture for both adherent and non-adherent primary cells and cell lines
- Experience with protein/cytokine and surface marker expression profiling (ELISA, Luminex, IHC/IF, flow cytometry)
- Familiarity with molecular biology techniques (RNA/DNA extraction, and qPCR)
- Ability to learn and independently perform SOPs commonly employed by the team
- Highly motivated; possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Dedication to working in a team-oriented environment to contribute to shared projects
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with other research teams
- Represent Senti Biosciences values: Be Bold, Better Together and Build to Last.
This is a contractor role with potential to grow into a full-time opportunity as the company expands. Compensation and title commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Senti Bio is the next generation therapeutics company that designs gene circuits and programs cells for tremendous therapeutic value. Our mission is to engineer an entirely new class of medicine that will transform people's lives by curing the most challenging diseases. We are proud to count NEA, 8VC, Amgen Ventures, Pear Ventures, Lux Capital, Menlo Ventures, Allen & Company, Nest.Bio , Omega Funds, Goodman Capital, and LifeForce Capital among their investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
Associated topics: antibody, aseptic, aseptic technique, diet, dietary, nephrology, nutritionist, pharmacology, protein, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...