Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive. ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc.. This position is with R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company (2300).
Here, you ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day. Director Platform Development Consumer Marketing
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and passionate individual to join our marketing team in the Brand Platform Development and be a part of an exciting opportunity to change the tobacco landscape and reimagine a new world for adult nicotine consumers. The Platform Development Team is accountable for developing future focused pipeline of products and platforms to drive sustainable brand growth through innovation and consumer driven insights to oversee product launch initiatives and go-to-market next generation product (NGP) strategies. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Fit For Future.
The Director, Platform Development will be responsible for helping to define strategic brand initiatives and serve as the lead in the development, implementation, and execution of these initiatives. He/she will collaborate to help identify consumer and market insights/trends and help turn them into product development and commercialization opportunities supporting our NGP growth and transformation vision. He/she will collaborate in the development of new categories, products, and/or brands and serve as the lead to support the commercialization of new brand propositions through internal processes including stage and gate and regulatory compliance.
This role will also be responsible for ensuring the organization can achieve our transformation agenda by serving as the key brand marketing lead for adhering to our FDA process to bring to life NGP initiatives. In this role, you will serve as the key liaison between the commercial marketing arm of the business, the product development team, and the regulatory team for NGP, including ensuring all NGP brand marketing materials (packaging, product and marketing materials) are finalized and in a state of readiness to support the appropriate FDA application submission and process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Consumer Insights, and R&D teams to leverage consumer insights, consumer segmentation studies, and competitive landscape to identify how to best position NGP ideas and market sizing to lead new category growth.
- Collaborate with Senior Director on new product strategy in coordination with relevant IBG teams, R&D, and others involved in the NGP process.
- Collaborate with Senior Director in the development of future forward ideas and research briefs to inform NGP initiatives.
- Assist in the adoption of NGP ideas to help turn rough concepts into commercial brand ideas for flawless execution through the 4D model: Define, Discover, Develop, and Deploy.
- Collaborate with Senior Director for internal and external briefings with cross-functional teams and external agencies in the development of NGP initiatives.
- Lead the flawless execution of approved NGP initiatives internally with cross-functional teams and assigned business resources.
- Lead the coordination of the FDA application submission process along with leading internal processes (such as Stage and Gate, Marketing Resources Management (MRM) and others) for future focused pipeline of categories, products, and/or brands.
- Lead key internal stakeholders (including R&D, Finance, Operations, and Manufacturing) to collaborate and develop NGP business cases and go-to-market execution.
- Serve as brand communications steward, ensuring that all brand communication is on strategy and aligned with established equity tenets.
- Develop and actively manage applicable marketing budgets; communicate regularly with Finance partners any material shifts in strategy or timing impacting financials.
- Effectively articulate and gain support for new thinking and strategy shifts, and lead change throughout the organization when appropriate.
- Monitor competitive activity and consumer/marketplace trends and implications; provide insights and recommendations for competitive advantage and/or brand development.
- Ensure that corporate strategy and regulatory guidelines are imbedded in all marketing initiatives.
- Serve as the primary lead for NGP FDA application requirements and associated timing, including packaging, marketing materials, and finalized product design elements.
- Work closely with LEX and regulatory teams to influence approved brand regulatory strategy, support modified risk campaigns, and all regulatory communication requirements needed to support FDA product submissions and associated deadlines.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS
- Excellent interpersonal and influence management skills to effectively and efficiently navigate highly matrixed organizations and departments located across different office locations.
- Exemplary leadership and presentation skills with the ability to influence at senior levels within the organization.
- Self-motivated attitude to take initiative, be forward-thinking, with a willingness to embrace accountability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to navigate ambiguity while progressing to achieve key milestones.
- Collaborative, creative thinker with an open mind to learn and explore new areas and opportunities.
- Organizational savvy; ability to navigate without personal political agenda.
- Strong analytic capability and planning skills. A comfort level in managing process and discipline through the organization.
- Excellent and flawless project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects with differing levels of complexities and deadlines.
- Inquisitive nature and ability to translate consumer attitudes and behaviors into hypotheses and business opportunities.
- Extremely resourceful and highly results oriented with a high level of energy to champion projects.
- Passion for pushing beyond what has been done in the past to identify new ways of approaching ideation, new product development, and go-to-market commercialization.
- Strong oral and written communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor s Degree required marketing or innovation/NPD specialization is a plus
- Graduate Degree (MBA) a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years working in related fields such as Brand Marketing, Innovation, R&D, or New Product Development
- Exceptional business acumen, with the ability to understand commercial, operational, and financial priorities of the business and align marketing initiatives and resources with the areas of greatest impact.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and passionately lead and motivate a cross-functional teams to achieve superior performance.
- Demonstrated track record of successful, innovative problem solving and leadership that resulted in market share gains and/or business improvement.
- Functional Area expertise and working understanding of the marketing process.
- Cross-functional experience, with a keen understanding of critical business drivers and considerations.
- Highly effective communication skills, with demonstrated ability to articulate strategic thinking and influence stakeholder understanding and buy in.
- Ability to evaluate consumer journey and experience across multiple channels and touch points.
- Proven ability to analyze data to synthesize information into business story-telling to influence the sell-in of strategic initiatives and/or projects
- Experience working and executing NPD processes such as Stage Gate, 4D, and consumer research is a strong plus
- Experience working in regulated industries is a strong plus
Benefit SummaryOur company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at ...@RJRT.com.
California Privacy Notice Nearest Major Market:
Salem Nearest Secondary Market:
Winston Job Segment:
Manager, Marketing MBA, Equity, Law, Management, Marketing, Finance, Legal