Director, Patient Marketing
Compensation: $122,215.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Retrophin, our mission is to identify, develop and deliver life-changing therapies to people living with rare disease. Giving patients a chance, providing hope, is what drives us.
Retrophin recognizes that our exceptional employees are vital to our success. We are a dedicated team focused on meeting the unique needs of patients. Our work is rewarding, professionally and personally because we are making a difference and we are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking talented individuals with an entrepreneurial drive who will thrive in our collaborative, fast paced environment and share in our mission to help others. We are headquartered in San Diego, CA with additional offices in Dublin, Ireland.
The position is responsible for building a new function within the company by directing and leading the development and implementation of the patient marketing strategy for all in-line brands and the clinical enrollment programs (e.g., sparsentan - focused primarily on two rare, Nephrology indications: Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) and IgA Nephropathy).
- Develop the overall patient marketing strategy and lead the execution of patient identification and activation programs including partnerships, marketing, social media, promotions, events, public relations and community development.
- Provide analysis and insights into key developments in the media, creative, social and community marketing landscape to shape the go-to-market and overall marketing strategy.
- Direct consumer insights to guide the marketing campaigns and to optimize product launches.
- Support the identification and engagement of new patients using various marketing techniques and campaigns.
- Collaborate with external advertising and design agencies to spearhead exciting and effective campaigns.
- Manage marketing budgets and ensure the resources are efficiently and effectively utilized.
- Partner and engage with the marketing team, sales team and other company departments to ensure a coordinated approach to marketing campaigns including monitoring and tracking success of the campaigns.
- Directs market research needs and prioritization of target markets and segments both domestically and internationally.
- Maximize the use of CRM and other marketing assets including digital customer acquisition and social media marketing.
- Passion for helping patients!
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field; Advanced degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- 10 years of progressive marketing experience; 6 years of patient marketing in a life science industry.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing major projects or initiatives.
- Strong patient marketing expertise, US and Globally, preferably in Rare Disease.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest consumer marketing trends, insight, research and technologies.
- Track record of successful product/campaign launches.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of KPI analysis and modeling and a technical understanding of business planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Direct and drive short-term and long-term brand growth and profitability.
- Ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies and actionable plans.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to reach and impact broad and diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and level of accountability with a highly collaborative working style.
- Entrepreneurial orientation with an ability to effectively operate in a dynamic environment and challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organizational skills that enable the successful execution of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Passion for science-based products that have the potential to improve people's lives.
- High energy, passion and enthusiasm around the work that the team does each day.
- Involvement in other special projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Ability to travel 10-30%.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Retrophin, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer
Loading some great jobs for you...