Data Modeler/Data Architect
Compensation: $117,453.33 - $148,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
In this role, the Senior Manager will lead the development and execution of data management strategies and analytics for all development programs, including but not limited to Research and Global Development organizations. Additionally, this role will be a key player in driving the development and communication of KPIs related to said programs through a variety of dashboards, and they will develop and standardize the data models needed to achieve these objectives.
- Own and maintain the project management data model. Build enhancements and connectivity to new data sets, as they become available, in an efficient manner that follows industry standards and guidelines.
- Lead and support efforts around the creation of an integrated data management
- Leverage data to create business value.
- Support the team within DPM, and cross-functionally with other departments, around key existing/new applications used for the collection and maintenance of core data assets.
- Execute a strategy of 'mine once and reuse'. Ensure stewardship of data is clearly defined and adhered to by all departments and ensure there is overall strategy for the connectivity of company data to support vertical and horizontal integration across functional areas and organization
- Lead, direct and support efforts for all DPM internal applications in terms of clear strategy around purpose of existing applications and how they fit into the overall data management strategy from company-wide perspective
- Create, manage, and run core Development dashboards. Increase usage, create tools to manage data accuracy, and build reporting capabilities into key presentation
Nature and Scope
- Operates cross-functionally and utilizes business and / or scientific knowledge and experience to contribute significantly to program reporting and knowledge management. Motivates, understands and builds effective teams.
- Regularly interacts with Sr. Management or executive levels on matters concerning KPI definition and reporting needs. Requires the ability to influence outcomes and change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Represents a department / organization or company in relevant internal / external committees.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in critical delays in schedules and/ or operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
Knowledge and Skills
Education and Experience
- BS / MS with 8+ years of relevant progressive project management experience / data modeling / data visualization / knowledge management techniques. Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, MS plus MBA) preferred.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: QlikView, Qlik Sense, SQL, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments.
- Extensive technical expertise in a discipline data modeling and knowledge management. Develops concepts, techniques and standards.
- A proven track record in data visualization.
- Strong leadership skills including meeting facilitation cross-functional team integration, strategic thinking and advising. Must be able to create an environment for collaborative work necessary for the team to be effective.
- Core competencies: Requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams. Understands and motivates others and builds effective teams. Requires strong presentation and critical thinking skills. Proactively develops and fosters constructive interactions among team members to address difficult situations and guide how data is interpreted. Resolves and negotiates conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy and composure. Handles multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills (both project and self)
- Success Factors: Exhibits a degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in a sometimes evolving and ambiguous environment. Shows resiliency in the face of challenges and adversarial situations. Exhibits confidence and a realistic sense of self awareness in own strengths and weaknesses. Builds bridges across the organization, and aligns how data is defined, interpreted, and displayed
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...