Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Compensation: $80,020.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Why Work Here?
Opportunity for Growth - Team Atmosphere - Great Culture
What s the job about?
We are seeking a talented and strategic sourcing specialist that can enhance our sourcing strategies to achieve the goal of obtaining best-in-class suppliers! We are not only looking for someone that will bring innovative ideas to our current processes but also a creative and driven professional that can take us to the next level!
Who are we?
We are obsessed with improving everything about trucks and trailers, one innovation at a time. We are a leading supplier and manufacturer of parts within the trucking industry. With over 90 years under our belt, you can say we are doing something right! Success for us over the years is a result of our obsession with innovation, that we have woven into everything we do! Phillips Industries is not only committed to providing our customers with the very best service, solutions and quality, but our commitment also extends to reaching out and giving back to our communities.
What do we value?
We value our employees, our customers, our products, and our company. We value our customers and expect our employees to have this same intrinsic value. A flexible and contributive team player attitude will be crucial for success in any role at Phillips. We value innovative thinking and want to hear your ideas on how to improve our products, our team, our culture and the bottom line. We value problem solving that is creative, optimistic and view issues as opportunities to improve. We want our employees to grow and stretch, as we commit to providing an environment where we play like champions.
Is this job for me?
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist implements strategies and processes to achieve the goal of obtaining best-in-class suppliers to provide reductions in cost and risk. This role will drive end-to-end strategic sourcing processes which includes gathering data, conducting market research, benchmarking, identifying potential suppliers, and recommending the optimal sourcing approach.
Additional details of the job - duties and responsibilities:
- Use spend data/trends analysis to develop a comprehensive sourcing strategy for key categories that will reduce overall costs and risks and increase total cost of ownership
- Identify opportunities to increase cash flow through inventory analysis, minimum order quantities, and leveraging spend across all SBUs (Strategic Business Units)
- Analyze quotes to determine the most responsive and reliable supplier to optimize total cost of ownership
- Create scope of work (SOW) document to provide suppliers a request for quotation (RFQ), ensuring that they have all key information to provide accurate quotes and services while also understanding the requirement of Phillips (e.g., terms and conditions of purchase)
- Using available resources (e.g., internet, professional societies, prior relationships) identify the highest quality suppliers to participate in sourcing events (e.g., RFQ)
- Assist in monitoring and tracking supplier performance and health through periodic financial reviews, quarterly scorecards, and business review meetings
- Support special sourcing and quoting requests from Engineering and Sales (e.g., Sales Inquiry (SI)), as needed
- Develop data models and dashboards to track savings and benefits and ensure savings/cost reductions/cost avoidance created by strategic sourcing are not eroded
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for supplier site visits up to fifty percent (50%) of the time
- Apply advanced skills with Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP, in-cell formulas and calculations);with creating graphs to visually present complex data to key stakeholders and management.
What you can offer!
- Bachelor s degree in related field
- Supply Chain Certification (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing/sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Global sourcing and project management experience
- Proven negotiating experience with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Proven success implementing large supplier changes and cost reduction activitities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with ERP system preferred
- Self-starter and team player that works exceptionally well with others
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What can we offer you?
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Generous Vacations and Sick Plan
- Observe and pay 9 holidays per year
- Medical insurance
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Accident and Life Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...