Database Engineer 3
Compensation: $87,790.00 - $131,300.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Peraton is seeking a Information Database Engineer to support our customer at Fort Meade, MD
What you ll do
- Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis.
- Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design.
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls.
- DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC). Develops requirements from a project s inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems)..
You d be a great fit if you have
- Five (5) years experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelor s degree.
- Support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities
- Support the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts
- Support the development of long and short term requirements for database administration and design
- Assist in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Lead development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
To be considered for this job you must already have an active TS/SCI clearance with a current polygraph.
What you ll get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data engineer, data warehouse, data warehousing, etl, hbase, mongo database, sql, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...