Data Scientist IV
Compensation: $98,745.00 - $158,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Peraton is seeking a Information Data Scientist to support our customer at Fort Meade, MD
What you ll do
- Develops machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics.
- Build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable
- Generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers
- Partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics
- Implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows
You d be a great fit if you have
- Bachelor's and Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering or computer science). .
- Five years of experience analyzing datasets and developing analytics, five years of experience programming with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB
- An additional two years of experience in software development, cloud development, analyzing datasets, or developing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics can be substituted for a Master's degree
- A PhD from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for three years of experience.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs)
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable
- Develop feature vectors for input into machine learning algorithms
- Identify the most appropriate algorithm for a given dataset and tune input and model parameters
- Evaluate and validate the performance of analytics using standard techniques and metrics (e.g. cross validation, ROC curves, confusion matrices)
- Oversee the development of individual analytic efforts and guide team in analytic development process
- Guide analytic development toward solutions that can scale to large datasets
- Partner with software engineers and cloud developers to develop production analytics
- Develop and train machine learning systems based on statistical analysis of data characteristics to support mission automation
To be considered for this job you must already have an active TS/SCI clearance with a current polygraph.
What you ll get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...