Marketing Supervisor, Latin America and TransAtlantic Export
Compensation: $75,680.00 - $130,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Description:Job Family:
Marketing Job Title:Marketing Supervisor, Latin America and TransAtlantic ExportRole Summary:
The purpose of this position is the supervision of the Latin America and Trans-Atlantic marketing team as well as providing direction to the ONE sales force to meet business plan goals.
Assist the Manager in developing a Marketing strategy with performance metrics; responsible for participating in development, implementation, and measurement of the annual LATAM/TAEB marketing strategy. This includes presenting this strategy to the North American field offices and establishing regional measurement programs to ensure the marketing program is successful. Additional Responsibilities:
Core Required Skills and Competencies:Leadership and Management Competencies
- Participate in managing the LATAM/TAEB export business; develop targets and goals related to vessel and account performance, account segment performance and trade lane focus areas that will allow for overall ONE. business plan achievement.
- Set guideline rates in coordination with the Manager and Strategic Yield Management including exemptions and deviations targeted at meeting business plan goals.
- Monitor, measure and take corrective action for account performance; communication of corrective action to the NA sales staff when necessary, including monitoring and proactively addressing negative/marginal customer results
- Direct the sales team in creation and execution of promotional cargo opportunities
- Manage Analysts by offering coaching, training and mentoring to achieve their individual goals in line with the business plan.
- Act in coordination with Strategic Yield Management and Senior Manager to perform product and market evaluation analysis.
- Operational support and facilitation; along with Marketing Analysts provide support and assistance for service recovery evaluation and approval, perform exception management to established SOPs.
- In conjunction with NA CAP, maintain LATAM/TAEB Export tariff applications (rules and rates), and provides guidance to sales/operations on commercial decisions that are non-conforming.
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Perform as a day to day departmental leader with ability to anticipate challenges, risks and identify opportunities
- Participate in managing weekly vessel service performance and Export Marketing improvement opportunities with GHQ and NA teams as necessary on a cross-functional basis.
- Recommend and execute on solutions to areas of cost including ad hoc mitigation and waiver situations
- Manage and develop the Marketing Analysts by offering coaching, training, mentoring and creating accountability.
- Communicate necessary information with both internal and external customers and stakeholders as appropriate
- Implement tactical marketing and sales plans consistent with national and global business goals set by the Manager
- Work in a collaborative, consensual environment with cross-functional departments for purpose of improving profitability and service levels, driving efficiency
- Demonstrate effective relationships with other internal stakeholders to ensure a collaborative team at a cross-functional level, to attain Marketing business plan goals.
- Available for possible travel domestically and internationally, as requested.
Required Minimum Years Experience:
- Leadership and management skills
- Proven ability in fundamental and mathematical analysis
- Ability to envision, strategize and capitalize on opportunities
- Acts with financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to react quickly to market changes and make timely decisions to increase business results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize using departmental resources
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate, present and influence counterpart levels of the organization
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven ability to successfully strategize, implement, execute and achieve day to day on plans to achieve departmental goals.
- Track record of establishing goals and metrics for his or her role to measure meeting/exceeding goals/ targets
- Applies logical methods utilizing analytical skills and experience for best-suited approach; able to resolve complex issues
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of internal management, staff, and outside vendors
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and remain detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in MS applications Excel, Word, and Access with an emphasis on pivot tables and formulas in MS Excel
- Marketing, sales or pricing supervisory experience preferred with specific focus on experience in OTI/NVO activities concerning container shipping or logistics sectors
5+ Industry-related and 2+ Function-related.
Supervisory experience preferred Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree preferred
#JIL* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...