Senior Database Architect - IT
Compensation: $95,630.00 - $149,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
NVIDIA is looking for an outstanding Database Administrator to join its Enterprise Database Team to drive the future of data services. Database Architects at NVIDIA are responsible for developing a vision and implementing a roadmap for our data hosting infrastructure. This is a high engagement position that will act as a liaison between engineering teams and other infrastructure teams to deliver high performance and highly available solutions.
You will have access to modern tools as you maintain current technologies and methodologies. In addition, you assist in the development or improvement of new database tools, monitoring and alerting tools, updates to existing infrastructure, and extend and automate our service model. The ideal candidate will react and respond to urgent issues and outages (globally and regionally), establish standard operating procedures, and most significantly communicate current status to both internal engineering teams as well as global customers.What you will be doing:
What we need to see:
- Drive projects to 'move the needle' on database service quality.
- Implement monitors, alerts and SOPs to ensure early detection, and accurate response to service-impacting issues.
- Mentor database support staff.
- Rapidly respond to escalated service incidents.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- MS or BS in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years experience supporting technical operations in a live-site production environment with a real passion for database performance and availability.
- Passion for learning new Database platforms and tools.
- Experience planning and executing multiple initiatives with transparency and cross-discipline engagement.
- Experience with scripting and development in various languages (Python, bash, Perl). Taking a manual, time-consuming and error prone process and fully automating the steps with a one-click rapid solution.
- Meticulous eye for documentation and repeatable process design.
- Proven administrative skills with PostgreSQL and MSSQL.
- Previous experience with Data Dog or Splunk like alerting and monitoring systems. Development, support, and scripting against these systems is helpful.
- Strong working experience with DR and HA technologies (Peer-Peer replications, AlwaysON Clustering).
- Proficiency with version control systems (Perforce, GIT, etc).
- Excellent scripting: node.js, Python, Perl, bash, PowerShell.
- Experience with Cloud Platform Azure or AWS is helpful.
- Familiarity with automation using tools like Puppet or Salt.
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and talented people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: data analyst, data architect, data management, data warehouse, database administrator, etl, hbase, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...