Associate Dean, Research and Administration (Search Extended) - 34008 (West Chicago)
Compensation: $91,095.00 - $99,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Posting Detail Information Position # 00034008 Position Title Dean, Associate Working Position Title Associate Dean, Research and Administration (Search Extended) - 34008 Posting Type SPS FTE 1.00 Representation Non-Union Department College of Health & Human Sci Primary Function The Associate Dean for Research and Administration (ADRA) is responsible for oversight and coordination of programs and activities that support research and operations of the College. The ADRA assists the Dean in administrative responsibilities centered around research, personnel, finance and facilities for the College.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally) Research/Scholarship Promotion
- Plan and implement research/scholarship priorities for the College
- Develop and support mechanisms that promote research/scholarship of faculty, graduate students and undergraduates
- Promote, develop opportunities for and support interdisciplinary research/scholarship and/or clusters
- Oversee College support of research/scholarship for faculty and graduate student travel funds, and sabbatical awards
- Collaborate with research development specialist to connect faculty to funding agencies and promote individual and collaborative research
- Facilitate faculty mentorship regarding funded research, scholarship, intellectual property, and commercialization activities
- Coordinate and monitor fulfillment of new faculty start up agreements
- Serve on Research and Innovation Partnerships Advisory Council
- Develop and maintain database of faculty research capabilities, interests and activities
- Monitor sponsored funding progress of College
- Monitor research compliance
- Develop and oversee College core research facilities (recharge centers)
- Develop, maintain, and assure compliance with applicable policies and laws as they relate to the operation of the Health and Human Sciences Survey Research Lab and other College core research facilities
-Provide oversight of the college-wide Health Sciences PhD
-Facilitate participation by research active faculty
-Support interaction with CHHS and across NIU to sustain and grow graduate programs
- Teach one to two courses/academic year as appropriate
- Attend Graduate Council meetings as relevant
Policy and Administration
-Assist with budget planning and management
- Coordinate facility allocation and development of new facilities for the College
- Prepare and coordinate relevant reports to the Provost s Office, President s Office, -Board of Trustees, IBHE, etc.
-Coordinate CHHS Committee for Grants and Awards
-Serve on College and University Committees as related to job roles and responsibilities
- Provide leadership on the College s technology policies
-Facilitate hiring of faculty and staff and manage personnel actions
- Supervise Director of the Health and Human Sciences Survey Research Laboratory
- Supervise Information Technology Manager
-Supervise Director of Finance and Resource Planning
-Work with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (ADAA) to support faculty scholarly, service and professional activities, including:
-orient and promote mentorship of new and junior faculty especially regarding issues of tenure and promotion
-coordinate professional development activities regarding research
- Perform functions of the Dean in absence of the Dean and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
-Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position Research intensive doctorate in a field appropriate for CHHS disciplines
Research intensive doctorate in a field related to CHHS disciplines;
History of excellence in research and graduate education;
Commitment to promoting diversity in hiring, retention and promotion;
Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment with diverse stakeholders;
Strong quantitative data analysis skills;
Eligible for tenure.
Education and Experience Preferred Experience in academic administration, which includes experience with budget and personnel issues;
Experience seeking and securing external funding.
Working Hours M-F; 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Hiring rate/range Commensurate with experience and qualifications Posting Date 10/07/2019 Closing Date Priority Review Date 01/15/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Application Procedures:
Preference will be given to applications submitted by January 15, 2020. Review of completed applications will begin immediately after this date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants must apply online at and submit the following materials:
(1) cover letter of application, that includes description of how applicant s knowledge, skills, experience, and philosophy fit this position;
(2) Curriculum vita;
(3) a list of three references with contact information;
(4) Transcripts (unofficial, with official required at hire)
Questions regarding the search can be directed to Jennifer Ridge, Administrative Assistant, College of Health and Human Sciences at ...@niu.edu or 815-###-####.
Northern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Pre-employment background check and verification of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Link to Department Homepage Physical Demands travel between buildings, ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time, ability to read and respond to emails, ability to communicate on the phone
EEO Statement In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Is Background Check Required Yes Visa Policy In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
ADA Accommodation NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form. This form can be obtained by contacting the Office of Academic Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ADEI) at 815-###-####.
Clery Act Information NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-###-#### to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-###-#### to receive a hard copy.
Associated topics: academic, ad 1730 00, childhood, education, educational, educational research, gs 1701 13, learning, librarian, teacher training
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...