Clinical Research Nurse
Nemours in Jacksonville, FL
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN/BSN/ASN)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $65,600.00 - 115,480.00 / Year*
As one of the nation s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Clinical Research Nurse coordinates, implements and completes clinical research studies and/or clinical trials by assisting in regulatory document preparation and collection, in-servicing research teams, recruiting study participants, obtaining parental permission/assent/consent forms, educating parents/participants, scheduling and conducting study procedures, collecting and recording study data, maintaining detailed study records, interfacing with study sponsors, participation in sponsor study monitoring visits, prepare for and participate in internal and external research audits, maintain various research databases.
- BSN and RN required
- Clinical Research Coordinator certification or eligible to sit for exam and a minimum of 2 years clinical research coordination experience. Those without research experience will NOT be considered.
- Effectively uses Microsoft computer software; demonstrates ability to coordinate and establish priorities among diverse tasks; effectively communicates verbally and in writing
- Follows all aspects of Standard Operating Procedures and Good Clinical Practices in the conduct of clinical research; collects and prepares documents as required by sponsoring agencies; attends Investigator Meetings, as assigned; Understands and can conduct clinical research studies that require but not limited to, DSMB, Emergent Access, Conduct Investigator Initiated studies, Multi-site clinical trials, Research Team training manuals. Achieves clinical research coordinator certification from ACRP or SOCRA after two years in the position.
- Participates in the conduct of parental permission/assent process for assigned studies; schedules study visits with study participants in accordance with study protocols; develops strategies to assure compliance of study participants with protocol requirements.
- Performs clinical data gathering and measurements and monitoring of data integrity, including data completeness, accuracy and quality. Maintains multiple study databases. Detail oriented and good time management skills are required.
- Mentors new clinical research coordinators. Participates in training nursing and ancillary study staff for study purposes; recruits, screens and enrolls sufficient number of study participants in conformance with protocol requirements.
- Assists in identifying, reporting and following-up on Serious Adverse Events.
- Assists in the maintenance of study medication accountability records; prepares clinical specimens for shipment to central laboratories; maintains delegation logs.
- Coordinates monitoring activities with Sponsor s representative(s). Completes Case Report Forms; responds to sponsor queries, prepares for audits by sponsor, IRB and/or the FDA/DHHS.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, domiciliary, hospice, infusion, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registered nurse, tcu, unit
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Jacksonville, FL!