Director of Marketing - Opinion Leader Engagement and Professional Programming
Compensation: $122,215.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
In support of MyoKardia's efforts to educate healthcare professionals about hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and launch a first in class targeted therapy for HCM, MyoKardia is seeking to hire an experienced marketing professional to lead our efforts related to opinion leaders and professional programming. The Director of Opinion Leader Engagement and Professional Programming reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and will have one direct report with the potential to hire additional headcount pending a positive outcome of our registrational trial. He/She will be responsible for leading the development and execution of a comprehensive plan for identifying, engaging, and collaborating (as appropriate) with experts in the field of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and cardiology with a goal of building close partnerships and advocates for MyoKardia and mavacamten. The Director of Marketing role will be based out of our Brisbane headquarters with an expectation that approximately 30% of their time will be spent in domestic and/or international travel.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes a comprehensive plan for garnering insights from opinion leaders, community cardiologists, and other key stakeholders involved in the treatment and care of patients with HCM
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on identifying and building relationships with experts in the field of HCM and cardiology who could contribute to a variety of initiatives including but not limited to
- Advising on HCM educational initiatives
- Advising on MyoKardia's efforts to commercialize a new product for the treatment of HCM
- Supporting internal training and educational initiatives
- Participating in company sponsored educational initiatives
- Participating in promotional programming post approval
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key opinion leaders to help advance education around HCM and advocate for the appropriate adoption of mavacamten
- Build and maintain a promotional speaker bureau to educate community cardiologists and other healthcare providers on HCM and the appropriate use of mavacamten in the treatment of HCM
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for engaging with healthcare providers at key scientific conferences
- Build, coach and develop a team of individuals responsible for executing all marketing driven opinion leader engagement and professional promotions programs.
- Ensure all programs are compliant with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and company policies governing interactions with healthcare providers.
- Responsible for budgeting and expense management related to Opinion Leader Programs
- Manages external third-party vendors.
- Institutes key processes necessary to achieve long and short-term strategic goals.
- Supports projects beyond opinion leader programming as needed to support the overall brand objectives
- Collaborates effectively with all cross functional partners including Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, Medical Advancement, and Managed Markets.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of sales, marketing and/or commercial operations experience at a specialty-focused pharmaceutical or biotechnology company, preferably with significant experience in cardiovascular diseases. They will have several years of experience in building, developing and coaching high performing teams. He/She will possess experience in developing new markets and launching new products. He/She will demonstrate an ability to identify and build relationships among experts who are setting the narrative in a given therapeutic area and then partnering with them across a range of initiatives.
It is essential that the candidate have an ability to develop expert level knowledge of HCM and the clinical data guiding the adoption and use of various therapies. The candidate must have an approachable and credible communication style, both verbally and written, to quickly establish credibility among internal and external stakeholders. The candidate must have extensive experience in building, leading and motivating teams. Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in marketing or related fields with a post-graduate degree preferred.
Associated topics: analyst, event, hospital, medical center, newspaper, policy, policies, social media, stewardship, twitter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...