Data Science Engineering Lead
Compensation: $112,080.00 - $194,720.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, were 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. Its part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. Were a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.Job Summary
The VP Data Science & Engineering will lead the design, development and testing of data pipelines, repositories and analytic solutions for MUFG. This leader's primary goal is to drive innovation and champion data engineering practices that lead to accelerated delivery of customer focused, high quality software.
We are looking for a leader who loves working with complex data, building modern architectures, and architect data-driven decision making!Major Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide strategic technical guidance for high-performing data engineering teams.
- Grow the MUFG data engineering function through recruiting, coaching, and employee development.
- Architect, build and maintain analytical pipelines for research and production with data engineering best practices, quality, transparency and scalability.
- Develop advanced data systems for complex analytics and statistical modeling.
- Assess complex data processes in SAS, SQL, R, Python, AWS and other technologies to optimize for accuracy, maintainability and performance. Performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems
- Collaborate with all levels of data science, product, delivery, app engineering and senior leadership to integrate data engineering solutions with business priorities.
- Evaluate data sources for analytic potential such as operational stores, external public and vendor databases.
- Develop NLP and AI based solutions using ML/DL techniques to support decision making
- 10+ years of experience for Data Science
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, its the banks policy to only inquire into a candidates criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data engineer, data manager, data management, data scientist, data warehousing, mongo database, mongo database administrator, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...