Senior Director/Vice President, Marketing
Compensation: $122,215.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult to treat liver diseases. Our lead program is focused on two severe liver diseases in children, Alagille syndrome and progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC). Both conditions can result in severe itching, liver damage and a need for liver transplant. Based on a wealth of data from clinical trials spanning multiple years and involving more than one hundred patients, we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms and liver damage. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
This head of Marketing position is responsible for developing and executing the global marketing strategy and building a high performing marketing team to maximize the commercial success of maralixibat.
- Develop and execute the maralixibat brand plan to meet and exceed corporate objectives, on time and on budget.
- Lead the organization's launch and brand planning efforts; ensure goals and initiatives are achieved.
- Partner with market research team to develop primary & secondary market research plans that optimize decision making and market intelligence.
- Translate insights into brand and operational activities based on strategic imperatives.
- Attract, retain, develop and lead the marketing team to maximize commercial success.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Market Access & Insights, Patient Advocacy, Medical Affairs, Finance, Supply Chain and others to accomplish goals.
- Successfully develop and manage budgets while setting metrics to assess impact of initiatives.
- Ensure the activities under his/her responsibilities are in line with the company policies and procedures. Ensure strict adherence to compliance guidelines.
- Partner with key stakeholders to facilitate promotional review committee process with compliance, medical, legal and regulatory.
- Provide commercial updates at Mirum risk management forums and Board meetings.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility across commercial disciplines in marketing and sales, predominantly in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Marketing/brand leadership and launch experience.
- Rare/ultra-rare, patient-centric commercial experience desired. Pediatric and/or liver experience is a plus. Market development experience in un-commercialized markets, including supporting patient identification efforts, is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Track record required of building and leading high functioning and collaborative teams.
- Self-motivated and self-directed team player with ability to succeed in highly entrepreneurial and nimble small company environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Integrative decision-making and ability to prioritize, considering alternatives and trade-offs based on logical assumptions, available resources, constraints and organizational values.
- Utilization of informal influence with key internal and external stakeholders/partners.
- Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability to see the big picture and strong attention to detail. Willingness to operate at all altitudes.'
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas, get buy-in and drive consensus within the commercial organization and across project teams.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to create a team environment.
- Sufficient depth to translate complex clinical/scientific information into brand strategies and communications across a variety of stakeholders, including specialist MDs to families.
- Technical expertise in end-to-end lifecycle management of a brand, launch planning and execution, and disease area assessment; support of R&D through the drug development process.
Loading some great jobs for you...