At MassMutual, we re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. Middleware Operations: If you want to be part of a team which leads change from on premise solutions to cloud we have an opening for you. This position is part of production support in the middleware operations team. A key component of this role is to ensure our systems are up and running. So helping the team trouble shoot is a top priority.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Systems Consultant to join our team.
What great looks like in this role:
Our ideal candidate is a candidate who has significant experience in Microsoft technologies, technical project management and coordination skills with matrix teams and can influence business outcomes by recommending latest technology solutions. You ll use your skills to identify opportunities to migrate on premise solutions to well supported platforms aiding in decreasing our footprint in data center . Your role as a lead will also provide technical direction on-going projects using Microsoft technologies along with Security management of the platform.
Objectives of this role
* Work as a team lead to influence the technical decisions from security and engineering standpoint
* Provide guidance to junior members of the team
* Develop and mature relationships with lines of business technical teams to ensure smooth implementation of vulnerability and baseline configurations for applications servers and webservers
Daily and monthly responsibilities
Lead the daily Kanban meeting and prioritize tasks based on urgency
Trouble shoot issues if they pop up in IIS
SME for IIS and webservers
Execute working agreements with lines of business and coordinate the Vulnerability management and Baseline configuration track
Ensure patching is completed successfully without any impact to MM
Identify and develop opportunities to migrate applications running on On-perm solutions to Cloud.
* Designs, Configures, Installs, and troubleshoots IIS 7.5/ 8/ 8.5 and IIS 10.
* SME for Windows Engineering team supporting IIS Servers on projects.
* Migrate IIS sites from Windows 2003/2008 to Windows 2016/2019 servers
* Builds Web Sites, participates in triage calls, supports and trains junior level admins.
* Installed and configured SSL Certificates.
* Monitored servers using Performance Monitor and or other tools like SCOM.
* Assist the Active Directory team in the creation of Group Polices pertaining to IIS Servers.
* Assisted the F5 Network Team with configuration of the Load Balancing of the IIS Servers.
* Worked with third party vendors installing and configure IIS with other application.
* Develop IIS baseline hardening and Vulnerability Scan
* Designed a Highly Available Load Balanced Cluster solution using Windows servers
Windows Server Roles
* Support Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and above till Windows 2019 Servers in a large enterprise environment. Supported HP, IBM, and Dell Servers.
* Working knowledge of Windows Servers running on both VMware on premises as well cloud( Azure).
* Work Support tickets received through our Service Request ticket application.
* Provide On-call support to resolve Severity 1 or 2 tickets after hours and weekends.
* Lead weekly meetings, Participate in Change Control processes and participate in weekly change control meetings.
* Collaborate with peers on work estimation/planning and implementation of new versions/features of tools in Cloud environment like AWS or Azure
* Standardize, automate and document setup of development and production environments
* Demonstrated belief in failing fast and working iteratively in an Agile environment
* Ensure production system outages and crashes are minimized, and come up with preventive measures against future downtime
* Participating in the entire software development cycle by analyzing, designing, and developing new features and products
* Collaborating with cross project teams of developers, test engineers and product stakeholders within an Agile environment
* 2 years of IIS Server experience
* 2 years experience supporting Windows Server 2003 and above
* 2 years of Cloud environment experience such as AWS or Azure
* Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
* Associate degree with experience in IT field
* 7 years of IIS Server experience
* 7 years experience supporting Windows Server 2003 and above
* 7 years of Cloud environment experience such as AWS or Azure
Associated topics: business, business analyst, business systems, business systems analyst, consult, consultant, crm, customer, information technology consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...