Business Analyst (Data Science & Advanced Analytics)
: $97,690.00 - $156,260.00 /year *
: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Data Science & Advanced Analytics team builds capabilities around business model exploration, process refinement and evolution, predictive analytics, and connecting the enterprise via APIs. We do this with product-based work in small, high caliber teams. The team is comprised of a combination of data scientists, data engineers, data analytics consultants, and product managers. Culturally, we look for individuals with a strong inclination for learning and from a variety of backgrounds that challenge each other openly, regardless of level or role on the team. We operate using conceptual thinking, logic and data driven analysis. We embrace diversity in all of its forms, require respect and look to have fun.
The MassMutual Data Science & Advanced Analytics Team in the Customer Experience Organization is seeking an outstanding Business Analyst. This individual will help deliver innovative, data-driven products and enhancements aimed at transforming the insurance industry. The Business Analyst will be expected to focus on meeting the needs of both external and internal customers, working closely with engineers, a product/project manager and other functional managers to successfully drive projects and process execution. The Business Analyst will be responsible for defining requirements from various groups and providing input to roadmaps for capacity planning. You must possess a solid understanding of Agile methodology and associated tools. The expectation of the Business Analyst includes adept at problem solving, effectively communicating, and having structured thinking.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Provide consultation and business analysis on multiple projects of varying duration, size, and complexity
* Motivate teams to work together, communicate, and deliver
* Elicit, translate and simplify requirements
* Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written User Stories
* Document and organize acceptance criteria for user stories
* Document technical requirements and business / technical process flows
* Support the management of timeline and scope throughout the course of all assigned projects
* Participate in all phases of the development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, implementation and continuous service
* Work with product/project manager(s) to define improvements to business processes, assist decision-makers in gathering information to make decisions, and help quality assurance test solutions
* Work with technical leads, product managers to plan, develop technical scopes of work and manage the execution of projects/product changes in response to requirements from our stakeholders
* Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to effectively deliver a robust solution for the business
* Bachelor s Degree, preferably in Business or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science * Proficient with project management tools and techniques, such as Jira, Confluence, Scrum and Kanban * Agile certification or experience preferred
5 + years business analyst experience
* Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly * Ability to understand and translate technical and business requirements * Ability to collaborate across diverse teams and organizations * Authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
* Master s Degree in a related field
* Excellent interpersonal communication, coordination, requirement gathering and planning skills with cross functional teams * Skilled in applying judgment to balance process compliance with achievement of business objectives
* Strong organizational skills and detail oriented * Outcome oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to process details * Solid grasp of software technologies and stacks * Former technical experience is preferred, such as working with data engineering/science/analytics teams or experience developing and/or deploying Associated topics: business analysis, business intelligence, client, consultant, customer, information technology consultant, sales, sap, senior consultant, support analyst