jdA BIT ABOUT OUR DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS TEAM
Kinship s Data Science & Analytics team is core to our strategy. We re using digital, data and customer insights to transform our business by finding answers to problems that we ve often never asked ourselves before. Our vast data assets are being combined to build a 360 view of pets and pet owners to not only power Kinship s businesses but also influence the next great ideas in the pet care space. This role will be key in helping us understand the power of our data, and how this translates into value for our company, our pets, and pet owners everywhere.HOW YOU LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
WHO WE NEED TO CHART THE FUTURE OF PET CARE
- Apply advanced analytics & data science approaches to understand and predict pet and pet owner behaviors
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure we focus on pet-centric product and service recommendations
- As our team grows, supervise, mentor, and develop future data scientist hires
- Develop compelling stories that provide insight into the drivers of business performance and pet/pet owner behavior
- Participate in the definition of our pet-centric project roadmap and its evolution
- Support new pet technology businesses and partners by generating actionable insights from our data assets
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our mission to shape the future of pet care. For all of our Kinship roles, we look for candidates who exemplify our core values:
And for this role, we hope you have the following skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- Purposefully Inquisitive
- Open to All
WHY JOIN US?
- Truly inspired by, and want to live, our purpose of creating a better world for pets
- 6-8 years of experience in a data science role handling varied and complex data
- Hands-on experience with Python is required; Familiarity with PySpark is also desirable
- Proven experience in managing and developing analytics and data science talent
- Varied technical experience in delivering statistical analytics, data science and insight on large-scale consumer data sets across multiple sectors, including packaged goods and retail, and preferably in the medical sector
- Have a proven track record of creating strategically important insight and attributable benefits within a business
- Able to partner effectively with the business stakeholders so they embrace your contribution, value your team s contribution and partner to ensure the insights create value
- Passion for growing and strengthening a business using data driven approaches
- Familiarity with cloud-based computing services e.g. AWS, Databricks, etc.
- Enjoys explaining how technical concepts to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- A Bachelor s degree in quantitative field (economics, statistics, business, computer science) or equivalent experience
We offer our associates a unique opportunity to have a completely customizable career within pet care. Through Kinship you will work with and learn from a community of industry executives, pet partners, entrepreneurs, and fellow associates across our startup investment companies, outside partners, and in Mars Petcare. Our nimble and flexible approach to work allows you to make an immediate impact across businesses, while learning new skills at every stage. The diversity of our work opens doors to big opportunities and unlocks enormous potential for countless career experiences in pet care. Join us in our mission to chart the future of pet care, alongside the industry s brightest minds.