Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Tissue Biology
Locana in San Diego, CA
- Industry: Scientific Research - Health/Medicine/Pharmacology
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $80,020.00 - 144,170.00 / Year*
At Locana, we are creating a new class of precision medicines to treat a range of human genetic diseases. Locana's RNA-targeting technology platform allows us to precisely address these mutations on the level of RNA. By targeting RNA, our approach avoids the risk of off-target effects in DNA and is suited to address many diseases linked to dysfunctional processing of RNA. The wide range of potential indications is supported by the modularity of our RNA-targeting gene therapies which are composed of interchangeable components that provide exquisite control of specificity and activity.
Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate, Tissue Biology
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our tissue biology group.
In this role, you will process, characterize, and distribute high-quality biological samples on an ongoing basis. You will apply your skills and knowledge of cell biology and histology to optimize and evaluate new methods for sample preparation. Our successful candidate will have proficiency in general histology techniques such as tissue processing, tissue embedding, slide preparation, and performing a variety of staining techniques, including immunohistochemical procedures, for microscopic evaluation.
- Perform animal necropsy and/or perfusion.
- Process, cut (cryosectioning, and FFPE tissues using microtome), and mount tissue specimens (large and small animal) onto glass slides.
- Section brain and spinal cord tissues using cryostat and sliding microtome.
- Responsible for tissue staining, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH) and imaging.
- Analyze results and generate reports on assays performed.
- Manage equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects.
- BS/MS in one of the following disciplines: Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Neurobiology, Cancer biology, or similar.
- 2-5 years of hands-on cell biology and histology experience (industry-setting experience highly preferred).
- Large animal tissue processing experience needed.
- Previous pre-clinical development experience required.
- Light and confocal microscopy experience required.
- Experience with tissue sectioning: cryostat, microtome, or similar needed.
- Experience with immunostaining (IHC), in situ hybridization (ISH) required.
- Familiarity various tissue types and pathological samples.
- Familiarity with neurobiology and/or cancer biology.
- Experience with imaging and image processing.
- Experience with tissue dissociation, mammalian cell culture, and cell-based assays.
- Critical thinking, analytic skills and trouble-shooting ability.
- Capability to multi-task, be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization which requires flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods.
- Other duties as required.
The level of this role will be dependent on candidate experience.
Locana is dedicated to fostering a workplace that keeps our team inspired and engaged. We offer an inclusive company culture where employees feel respected and valued. Our comprehensive benefit programs support the healthcare, finances and family needs of our employees. Email cover letter and resume for immediate consideration.
Locana is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected categories.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!