Sponge Cushion, Inc., a Leggett & Platt company, is seeking a Business Development Representative. The BDR works to develop opportunities with targeted stakeholders within the hospitality industry while also qualifying hospitality and commercial project leads accessed and updated in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
The Project Data team reviews list(s) to identify hospitality and commercial construction and renovation projects that fit our defined criteria then enters the project information into the CRM. From this lead pool, the BDR will work to connect with project stakeholders to qualify the opportunity and gain a deeper understanding of the flooring products being used, or intended to be used, on the project.
The BDR will initially reach out to stakeholders through outbound calls and email and will work to determine the key project contacts and decision makers for product specification while maintaining the communication records in the CRM and updating as necessary. This may require multiple layers of communication with multiple stakeholders on a single project. Along with the Regional Managers (RM s), the BDR will perpetually work the open opportunity until confirmation of receipt of a P.O. will close the project file in the CRM.
The BDR will also have a responsibility of communicating with the Leggett & Platt IT department when changes or improvements to the CRM system become necessaryRequirements:
- Must possess the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of CRM software, preferably Dynamics 365
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & SharePoint)
- College degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equal experience in a relevant field
- Prior work in FF&E procurement or contracting environment a plus
Who we are and what we offer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with high level of confidence
- Strategic thinker, a detective
- Good organizational skills
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: management incentive bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, stock plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 22,000 employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries. We re not just hiring, we re building a better company. Learn more about what Leggett life is like here: lifeatleggett.comEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer