- Kforce Inc.
2 E 2nd St
Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Cloud Native Engineer in Media, Pennsylvania (PA).
The senior cloud native engineer will play a significant role in the design and development of the next generation of our client's cloud platform. The new platform will be build using a combination of cloud providers (Mainly AWS) as well as in store computing elements to drive a highly available, burstable and agile platform for innovation. This role will be key in determining the right combination of cloud services, COTS programs and open source to deliver a solution that is robust, self-healing and completely observable.
- Provide guidance and aid in critical design decisions to create a public/private cloud hybrid solution for our client's systems between cloud and store
- Design for observability, all cloud and application components should be clearly instrumented from the ground up
- Work with different teams within the organization to gain alignment with key design principals around the cloud configuration, migration and operations
- Conduct in-depth evaluations, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving a wide variety of complex technical issues
- Automate security testing using various security tools to perform security and vulnerability assessments of the internal and external networks and systems; Identify potential threats and develop and automate the delivery of remediation
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud networking including VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups, ACLs, Transit Gateways, ALB/NLB, Route53, ACM, API Gateway and related technologies
- Understanding of networking processing, protocols, and standards - TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP
- Hands on experience with security mechanisms including mTLS, x509, OpenID Connect, JWT/JWE, OAuth2, PEP/PDP, SAML, WS-Security, Basic Auth and ABAC/RBAC based policies
- Hands on code first development of cloud configuration and components from the ground up using tools like GitHub, Terraform, Pulumi
- Strong hands on experience in one or more development languages including Java, Golang, Groovy and others
- Test driven development approach to code development including infrastructure development
- Experience with Open Trace, AWS Cloud Watch, DataDog, Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Hystrix,, App Dynamics, NetCool and other tools to ensure the cloud is operating as expected
- Experience with continuous delivery (CD) tooling including Jenkins, GitLab, Travis CI, GoCD and others
- Experience with Containers including tools like Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/ECR, OpenShift, LXC and other related technologies and tools
- Experience with event driven asynchronous architectures including tooling like Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ
- Experience in developing microservices using tools like Spring Boot, VertX, DropWizard and Micronaut
- Automated performance testing using tools like Gatling and JMeter
- Understand SOLID/Hexagonal Architecture and other design principles
- Understand REST API/gRPC for data interchange
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...