Manager, Data Science
Compensation: $111,535.00 - $148,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Kforce is working with an independent, rapidly-growing mobile game studio, based in NYC. They are one of the fastest growing startups in the Gaming world. We create unique games with thoughtful design and an emphasis on aesthetics. With over 100 million downloads, and more projects on the horizon, our diverse and talented team is growing. Summary: We are looking for a talented manager to lead and grow the Data Science team, as well as help articulate and deliver a transformative Data Science roadmap to drive business KPIs and operational efficiencies. The Data Science team is responsible for all aspects of data processing, including data engineering and architecture, operational analytics and reporting, LiveOps ML and other uses, across very large data sets collected in real time from the firms' globally deployed titles. The role requires a mix of Data Science thought leadership, business acumen, and hands-on data modeling and engineering. You should be an expert on modern analytics as well as ML and AI development methodologies, tools, and operational processes. The ideal candidate would also have a leadership track record - inspiring, mentoring, and aligning Data engineers and scientists with varying levels of experience, as well as experience growing such teams. Manager, Data Science Responsibilities:
- Be the voice and evangelist for Data Science at this firm and serve as a bridge between the team and other departments
- Identify data-driven business opportunities and define vision for the Data Science team and the company
- Help foster a winning culture and best practices to create scalable, well-architected data-driven solutions and models that grow revenue and eliminate inefficiencies
- Drive the vision for Data Science capabilities, SDLC, and operational strategy while continuously evaluating emerging technologies and tooling
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering revenue-impactful ML and analytics for direct-to-consumer global mobile products or businesses with 500K+ DAUs
- 3+ years of experience managing and growing a full stack Data Science team in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Gaming or mobile retail industry experience is a plus
- Excellent understanding of modern data warehouses, ML/AI, and cloud computing platforms
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, Glue, Redshift/Spectrum is a strong plus
- Proficient in Python and use of Data Science stack (numpy, pandas, notebooks)
- Experience with ML frameworks and libraries (Scikit, Tensorflow, SparkML)
- Experience with AI/Reinforcement learning is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of how Data Science impacts business KPIs; Excellent communication skills and ability to relate difficult technical and data concepts to business users
- Strong understanding of the analytics and ML development and delivery lifecycle, including production operations phase
- Ability to work up and down the stack, from data engineering to ML models and dashboard design
- Excellent understanding of modern leadership and management principles
We are offering a strong compensation package: a bonus, 100% medical paid, Equity, Game nights, and lots of other perks. Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data analytic, data architect, data integration, data management, data warehousing, database administrator, erp, hbase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...