Compensation: $95,630.00 - $149,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Kelly IT is looking for a Data Engineer in Carlsbad, CA for a 6+ month project for one of the leading biotechnology companies. For consideration, please email your updated resume to the Recruiter at ...@kellyservices.com Data Engineer6+ months on W2Carlsbad, CAPay: DOEJob Description: Our client is looking for a Data Engineer, a motivated data expert with experience in Python, SQL, Power BI and variety of Database technology. Position will be in Carlsbad, CA.
The Data Engineer will support the business intelligence and data science strategies and related initiatives that deliver comprehensive data model for actionable data reporting and analysis for commercial, functional, business leadership and team members. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Analytics and working within a highly matrixed organization, this position will be part of a global team of Business Analysts that contribute to the overall growth of the Global Services & Support business within the Life Sciences Solutions Group.
What will you do?
- Work in collaboration with infrastructure and IT team to design, create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and data structures for Commercial Data Lake/Data Warehouse.
- Assemble large, complex data sets from business and reporting systems such as SAP, Business Objects, CRM, Cognos/EDW that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Databricks, and AWS technology.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data analytics needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Streamline existing and introduce enhanced reporting and analysis solutions that leverage complex data sources derived from multiple internal systems.
- Collaborate across regions and functional teams to provide data and reporting support for recurring business operating mechanisms, as well as ad-hoc, time sensitive requests to advance key initiatives.
How will you get here?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Must have SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as familiarity with a variety of databases including Redshift
- Must have experience with Python or similar programming language
- Experience with Databricks, Spark or similar tools
- Experience with at least one data pipeline and ETL tool like Databricks, Informatica, AWS Glue, Talend.
- Experience working with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience creating Logical and Physical data model and documenting ERD
- Experience with Data mining, Data science and Predictive analytics is a plus.
- Experience with visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data integration, data integrity, data management, data warehouse, database, erp, hbase, mongo database
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...