Senior Data Scientist
John Deere in San Francisco, CA
- Industry: Information Technology - Data Architect/Analyst/Administrator
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $91,760.00 - 149,340.00 / Year*
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we re all about at John Deere. And it s why we re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world s brightest minds are tackling the world s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - California (US-CA) - San Francisco
Function: Data Science & Analytics
Title: Senior Data Scientist - 64961
As a Senior Data Scientist, for John Deere s Intelligent Services Group (ISG), you will develop and deliver production-ready machine learning approaches to yield insights and recommendations from precision agriculture data. In addition, you will:
- Work with large geospatial data, particularly high-resolution satellite imagery and environmental data, in the development and testing of models
- Explore, build, and test creative solutions to problems dealing with the autonomous operation of precision agriculture equipment
- Be a vocal, visible presence in collaborating with product managers, engineers, and other internal stakeholders of our team
- Communicate with impact your findings and methodologies to stakeholders at multiple levels
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and supervision for junior data scientists and actively peer review science within the team
VISA Sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of data science experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering reliable and accurate data science solutions into production systems at scale
- 3 or more years in developing predictive ML / AI systems and with a strong track record of improving models through feature engineering
- Working experience with Python and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- A curious and inquisitive mind, with a desire to understand and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytical insights in a manner which is clearly understandable by non-experts
What Makes You Stand Out
- Previous experience with satellite imagery for classification and learning problems
- Expertise with large geospatial, IoT, or high frequency unstructured datasets
- Previous experience with Spark
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, collaborative team environment that is distributed across time zones and locations
- A strong track record of contributions to the data science community
- Previous experience in agriculture or embedded systems
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Advanced degree with specialization in statistics, engineering, data science, computer vision, machine learning, mathematics, or computer science OR equivalent work experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: agriculture, agrosciences, bioassay, conservation, environment, environmental, ocean, sustainability, sustainable, wetlands
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near San Francisco, CA!