We are a Specialized Solutions company focused on delivering Data Governance services to diverse clients in multiple industries across the globe. We deliver end-to-end business advisory services, implementation and technical solutions for the Data Governance Lifecycle including Consulting, Metadata Integration, Sensitive Data Management, Tool Evaluation, Product Implementation, and Training.
With a laser sharp focus on transferring knowledge to our clients to assist in the attainment of skills to drive out success. We have proven experience across several industries including finance and banking, insurance, life sciences, retail, education, healthcare, telecommunications, and government with small, large, public, and private companies.
Job Title: Head of Sales and Marketing
Position Type: Full Time Location: Remote with 50%+ National Travel
Reports To: CEO
The Head of Sales and Marketing is directly responsible for leading Information Asset's sales and marketing programs, and for driving sales across all channels. Externally, he or she will establish long-term relationships with key business partners (end users, and channel partners) to grow sales, enhance profitability, and enhance market position.
The incumbent will represent Information Asset as an ambassador across industry forums.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Information Asset sales team to achieve the business objectives of share and volume growth by maintaining and increasing business with existing customers and through developing new sales opportunities
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all sales initiatives (direct, and channel), and marketing programs and activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Prepare sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Review and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotas and plans to determine effectiveness
- Develop, administer and oversee comprehensive sales plans and budgets for all accounts
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve objectives for products and services
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to the Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image across promotional materials, and events
- 15+ years of sales experience with minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership role in Sales.
- Sales experience, Managerial experience, knowledge of Data Governance, and Information Management market segments within North America is a requirement
- Demonstrated experience in successfully and consistently driving sales growth across multiple channels and market segments
- Experience in managing large distributed sales teams to deliver stretch objectives
- Proven leader and team player with outstanding communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial acumen is imperative
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite
Working Environment/Travel Requirements
This is a remote working position and you will be expected to work out of a home office with high speed internet and phone connection to enable seamless virtual presence.
This position requires up to 50% national travel.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven ability to sell to Fortune 500 companies
- Proven success in selling professional services
- Must have sold Data Governance Services and related services
- Strong relationships within the Data Governance space
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience