Sr Market Development Manager - Genetic Disease Research & Testing (Stockton)
Compensation: $80,020.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Market Development Genetic Disease Research & Testing
lllumina s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. As the established global leader in DNA sequencing, our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in genomics. Genetic disease testing and research serves as one of Illumina s largest, most important, and fastest growing markets. Inherited genetic disorders collectively account for about 1 in 5 infant mortalities and ~18% of pediatric hospital admissions and an underlying genetic cause can be identified in up to 20% of children with developmental delay. For adults, 25% of sudden cardiac arrest is linked to an inherited genetic condition. Illumina s gene panels, genotyping microarrays, and next-generation sequencing technologies (NGS) can help genetic disease researchers identify causative genetic variants and be implemented across various disease states to enable early discovery.
As a member of the Genetic Disease Research and Testing Market Development Team within the Americas Region, this individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, and actively managing strategies and tactics to help establish the use of NGS in genetic disease research and testing.
Successful candidates will combine strong understanding of genomics with strategic analysis, business acumen and leadership skills. An understanding of how new tests and technologies get implemented into the practice of medicine is also important. In this position, the candidate would have the opportunity to collaborate across multi-disciplinary internal teams and cultivate key external partnerships with major institutions, key opinion leaders (KOLs), guideline bodies and others.Key Deliverables:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Working with Marketing counterparts, perform detailed market analyses to help develop marketing strategies.
- Build and manage close relationships with KOLs. Conceive and execute strategies to identify, and influence key stakeholders such as clinical thought leaders, industry and non-profit bodies.
- Generate evidence development. Partner with KOLs to design and manage collaboration opportunities that support market development goals. Present publication of impactful clinical and economic evidence that form the cornerstone of efforts to impact professional society guidelines, increase awareness among medical professionals, and achieve supportive reimbursement policies.
- Stay current and report on scientific and clinical advances, competitor activities, and market dynamics. Leverage and communicate market information internally to best inform Illumina s product development, regulatory and market entry strategies.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Work with product management, product marketing, regional and global marketing teams, as well as senior management to develop and implement market development strategies for the genetic disease testing market in the Americas (or other markets as assigned/needed).
- Demonstrate an ability to organize projects and see them through to completion. Enhance scientific understanding and align company initiatives with Illumina s strategic position to promote Illumina s mission.
- Conduct expert panel programs.
- Create and present market analysis to key internal stakeholders. Including but not limited to market sizing, key drivers, competition, and entry strategies.
- Synthesize customer experiences and desires into new product concepts in partnership with Product Marketing.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Background in life sciences or related science field
- MBA, MS, MD or Ph.D. is a plus
- 5+ years experience with genomics technologies or life sciences products/applications. Understanding of US healthcare system strongly preferred.
- Candidates with background and knowledge of genetic disease testing and/or genetic disease research market will be considered.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving ability and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion. Outstanding attention to detail, excellent organizational skills.
- Previous business strategy, business development, or strategic marketing experience related to life sciences. Experience in strategic consulting is preferred.
- Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively and independently to drive results.
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels, including previous experience in a highly matrixed organization would be preferred. Ability to work with a large number of individuals on a one-on-one basis.
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to network with external customers. Fluency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact ...@illumina.com. To learn more, visit:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...