Business Analyst - NY State Healthcare Plans
Compensation: $106,240.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
for reporting, business process review and data analysis relating to activities
ensuring operational effectiveness. The BA will assist management by developing
and maintaining reporting tool and processes, querying and analyzing data,
identifying root causes, recommending and supporting decision making. The BA
owns project goals by developing project plans, establishing deadlines,
monitoring milestone completion, providing timely reporting of issues that
impact progress and resolving conflicts. This includes documenting and
prioritizing assignments. This is a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
* Develop and maintain new and existing reporting tools, databases and
* Analyze various types of data and processes in a versatile manner and
present findings and recommendations in a professional manner.
* Query and manipulate data to root cause, trend, summarize findings and
* Identify defects and improve departmental performance by supporting
quality, operation efficiency and production goals thru reporting.
* Work departmentally and interdepartmentally to recommend and implement
modifications to existing reporting functions.
* Report and present findings based on data analysis and other project
* Review technical specifications to ensure the Billing & Reconciliation
Department business requirements are adequately reflected in technical
* Trend and compare analyses against departmental and corporate standards.
* Recommend changes to address deficiencies and/or further improve and
streamline performance based on analysis findings.
* Recommend, develop and implement effective reporting tools for the
* Prepare routine reports as needed (financial, quality, production,
operational efficiency, etc.).
* Proactively assist with identifying the training and development needs of
the Billing & Reconciliation Department staff.
* Track and report updates on individual work assignments and other
projects within established timeframes.
* Work directly with appropriate members of the Billing & Reconciliation
Department and other Healthfirst business units to understand project
concepts, objectives and approach.
* Assess and prepare to address the operational impacts, workflow, and
training issues of the assigned project(s).
* Ensure post implementation accuracy.
* Provide project and informational updates to management as available and/
* Collaborate with business units to understand strategic goals and promote
an environment conducive to creativity, change and information exchange.
* High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
* Experience with in-depth data querying and manipulation of data to assist
with root-causing, trending and summarization of projects presented to
various level audiences.
* Experience with MS Excel/MS Access functions that include working with
large data sets, creating standardized reports (across multiple
spreadsheets), utilizing vLookups and advanced functions/formulas;
creating, using and interpreting pivot tables, filtering and formatting.
* Experience gathering and communicating complex analytical business
requirements in a simple and easy to understand manner to other staff. As
the SME, the BA will need to effectively communicate with all levels of
the organization, including technical staff, internal non-technical
staff, testing teams, and business stakeholders.
* Experience in creating and running complex queries using SAS, SQL, BI
tools or other programs (i.e. Visual Basic coding, etc.)
* Knowledge of billing or reconciliation processes.
* Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited institution.
* Knowledge of billing and reconciliation processes, practices and relevant
work experience within the healthcare industry (such as a managed care
organization, commercial health insurance plans, hospital, etc.).
* Hands-on experience with rules based table Billing & Reconciliation
systems (i.e. PowerMHS, Biz Talk, etc).
* Knowledge of Macess or other workflow systems (i.e. MS Project,
SharePoint or any other time management system or project tracking
* Experience with MS Access functions that include to running queries,
Macros and building tables for reporting purposes.
* This is a collaborative team environment. You must be able to effectively
work with others, provide and implement project solutions while
understanding process flows.
* Demonstrate consistent multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing
workload within tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of New York State Healthcare Products.
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities: NA
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered
for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or
any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar
law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or
application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
*********************** or calling ************ . In your email please include
a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the
position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests
related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will
be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for
considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Associated topics: account, accounts receivable, billing, data, data entry, hospital transcriptionist, medical biller, medical billing, medical coding, review
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...