Senior Oracle Developer DBA (Newton Center)
Compensation: $91,060.00 - $134,310.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Senior Oracle Developer DBA
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Oracle Developer DBA to provide leadership and support for our growing suite of healthcare applications. The person in this role will be responsible for daily maintenance, MS SQL and Oracle tuning, configuration, and performance on the SQL platform. The expected split of duties is 70% traditional DBA and 30% Developer.What your impact will be:
What we are looking for:
- Provides primary SQL DBA support including index tuning, schema changes, security and data replication.
- Performs database administrative tasks such as maintaining database jobs (i.e. database backups, database indexing), setting up database security (i.e. users and roles), and monitors disk space for database growth. (i.e. using tools such as DB Artisan, TOAD, SQL Enterprise Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle RMAN).
- Optimizes queries, reports and application code response time (i.e. using tools such as SQL Profiler).
- Develops documents and maintains procedures for database servers such as backups, restores, performance tuning, and configurations and performs daily and monthly backups of production systems and other backups as required.
- Supports 3rd party tools for replication, encryption, backups, change management and interfaces.
- Performs database object promotions.
- Provides SOX and audit reporting information as required to management, internal and external auditors
- Works with IT team leads to ensure consistency in architecture, schema and change control for SQL and Oracle database environments.
- Effectively communicates design considerations and recommendations to team members and business.
- Responds to developer requests for changes.
- Develop new queries to replace problematic queries
- Participates in on call rotation.
- Supports Company s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and application functions using T-SQL, ASP.NET, C#
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
- Minimum of 8 years experience
- Experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), ASM, Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Experience working on Databases in the Cloud is a strong plus.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-###-#### or at ...@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Associated topics: data administrator, data engineer, data manager, data scientist, data warehouse, database, database administrator, etl, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...