Focus HR, Inc. in Tucson, AZ
- Industry: Telecommunication/Wireless/Cable - Network/Systems/Wireless
- Type: Full Time
Join the DakotaPro team! Tucson's premier managed services provider is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Network engineer to join our operations team and lead the way in developing new solutions and cutting edge tech. Nobody likes being treated like a number and our "Human Touch in Technology" support model enables us to provide a work environment that promotes empowerment to get the job done, and easy access to information covering all aspects of the business.
Is your problem-solving ability honed to the point that your peers might describe you as “clairvoyant”? Are you driven to fill gaps in your knowledge quickly and pass that knowledge on to your team? Do you like to be challenged by complex systems? Have you been seeking an opportunity to leverage deep expertise and evolving technology, all the while working with a team as driven and deductive as you are? Read on!
- Design, build, commission, and maintain sophisticated and reliable IP inter-networking solutions in an existing production multi-vendor ISP environment
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve telecommunications issues, with a focus on OSI layers 1-4
- Participate in evaluation, interop, and refinement of networks, tools, and hardware
- Prepare and maintain complete documentation of new and existing solutions
- Develop effective training materials on new and existing deployments
- Respond to requests for assistance from lower-echelon support assets in timely and supportive manner
- Train and nurture lower-echelon support assets as potential future administrators
- Assist the operations team in general data center and network operations and support
- Plan and assist with scheduled maintenance activities
- Must be able to function in an active and diverse team environment (basement ninjas will do poorly here)
- Possesses technical fluency in IPv4 sub-netting, particularly CIDR
- Possesses technical fluency in OSPF, BGP, MPLS, and Spanning Tree protocols
- Possess technical fluency in networking and systems best practices and principles.
- Certification equivalence to CCNA or higher is strongly desired
- At least 3 years experience supporting production multi-vendor network environments
- Can demonstrate competency working with the following vendor platforms:
- Connectwise experience a plus!
- The ideal candidate demonstrates a manner that is prompt, clean, and professional in appearance
- Strong professional communication skills are inherent to success in this position.
- This position sometimes requires physical exertion in remote locations with limited support infrastructure in a challenging desert environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs to shoulder height on a regular basis
- Must be able to climb a ladder and perform cabling functions (Identify, terminate, label) at arm's length
- Must have (or be able to acquire) a valid Arizona Driver's License and good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
For the right candidate, DakotaPro offers full benefits, including health, dental, paid vacation and holidays, paid sick days, 401K, Employee Training, complimentary Internet services, and more. Most importantly, we operate as a team while we provide the "Human touch in Technology" to our customers. We have an excellent reputation in the community from our integrity business practices (we were recognized with the Better Business Bureau's Business Ethics Award) and our support of over 50 non-profit organizations in Southern Arizona.
If you think you’ll be a good fit to join the DakotaPro team, please send us an updated resume!
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Tucson, AZ!