VP Data Engineering
Compensation: $95,630.00 - $149,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The Vice President, Data Engineering will lead the strategy, design, and execution of the Company data enablement system, including data engineering, data automation, data pipeline and data governance. This position will take a leadership role in modernizing the existing data platform and architecture and will actively manage the ongoing roadmap and prioritization of Company s core data infrastructure. This is a highly collaborative and visible role that will work across the organization to design and deliver scalable data solutions that enable data science, content, visualization, reporting and marketing.
- Architect and build a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure
- Partner with marketing technology, product analytics, BI teams, data science, and content intelligence & metadata teams to plan and execute a comprehensive end to end enablement system
- Partner across the organization to develop and enhance real-time monitoring and SLA-driven KPIs to ensure data validation to efficiently integrate, curate and optimize data
- Update the existing data stack to incorporate a comprehensive and searchable data catalog which enables self-service data access and data discovery
- Manage and optimize core data infrastructure in partnership with the broader enterprise data team and business stakeholders
- Successfully maintain and enhance real-time streaming and ingestion pipelines.
- Use expertise to identify opportunities to leverage data and provide guidance to colleagues related to capture, analysis and visualization of information
- Develop an overarching data governance framework to successfully manage large amounts of data, ensuring compliance with regulations while maintaining data integrity and accessibility
- Develop engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable and scalable development and operations
- Set priorities, mentor and provide technical direction to a team of engineers and project managers
- Deep experience managing high volume data environments
- Strong people management capability and team leadership experience
- Experience with programming and scripting
- Proficient in data warehousing, dimensional modeling, and data architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in entertainment or with direct to consumer streaming apps highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to collaborate across the organization
Experience/expertise in the following key technical areas/domains
- AWS and Google Cloud platform tools
- Data warehousing tools such as Amazon Redshift, Big Query, and Snowflake
- Data Modeling and System Analysis Data Platforms EMR, Data Bricks, Kubernotes
- Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflow
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data architect, data engineer, data quality, database, etl, erp, sybase, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...