LIS Analyst - Sunquest
Compensation: $62,380.00 - $99,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Under the direction of the Laboratory Information System manager, LIS Sr. Analyst supports information management needs of Department of Laboratory and Pathology, or workflows across the organization through project coordination, applications implementation, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance or enhancements.Job Requirements:
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides application implementation support, technical guidance, and serves as primary resolution point for all issues regarding assigned applications. May include, but not limited to Sunquest Lab Gen, Sunquest CoPath, Blood Bank and Epic EHR.
- Works collaboratively with end-users to understand workflows and develop system support.
- Works in conjunction with the L.I.S. Manager in preparing, reviewing and revising LIS procedures and policies. Maintains and compiles CAP and other accreditation agencies standards. Performs related tasks to remain in compliance with CAP, JCAHO, AABB, and HIPPA regulations.
- A senior application analyst is responsible for diverse maintenance, interface monitoring and modifications, software enhancements, advanced configuration and database management. The senior analyst tackles more challenging issues and pursues those which require more complicated resolutions.
- May be involved in resolving billing discrepancies identified by LIS managers. Addresses billing-related issues with Finance department, internal auditors, physicians and patients.
- Creates new test codes, normal values, worksheets, etc. in LIS and acts as a facilitator in creating test codes and assigning prices, revenue codes and CPT codes in Hospital financial system.
- Coordinates activities of assigned projects or phases of a given project. Develops and creates detailed work plans, timelines and other appropriate documentation, identifies appropriate resources needed and provides timely status reports.
- Provides data transfer, access and manipulation of aggregate and comparative data.
- Provides assistance with system selection, system maintenance/upgrade and implementation, including system definition, building, testing and conversion planning and interfaces.
- Develops and monitors testing scenarios and methodologies to demonstrate system effectiveness. Prepares and maintains documentation on testing plans.
- Evaluates system utilization and performance. Participates in system optimization.
- Collaborates with the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine as well as various other departments requesting LIS assistance for production support, lab projects, system changes and functionality enhancement. Understands the connections to organization operational groups their functions and integrates their requirements and contributions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Additionally, assumes responsibility for running projects and initiatives under the direction of the LIS manager. Able to coordinate small teams on projects. Able to scope needs of proposed projects and execute project plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology or Health Care field with related training is required.
- Minimum five years of experience installing/supporting applications laboratory systems (Sunquest, CoPath, Blood Bank).
- For Epic applications ability to complete proficiency courses as identified by Ancillary Manager, within six months of employment.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Windows OS lab instruments, middleware, and applications.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate facts and ideas clearly and concisely. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to prepare documentation to support established objectives consistent with generally recognized standards.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality relating to employee/patient and hospital
Associated topics: medical, mls, sample collection, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician i, technician iv, technician laboratory, testing, toxicology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...