Senior Research Associate
Compensation: $83,955.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Senior Research Associate conducts research assignments involving a variety of laboratory equipment and procedures. Designs and executes laboratory experiments with a high degree of independence and troubleshoots unexpected experimental outcomes. Contributes to maintaining a clean and safe laboratory environment.Essential Functions:
Minimum Education, Skills and Experience
- Execute bench experiments carefully and precisely.
- Make detailed observations as experiments are conducted.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all work done in the laboratory.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks in the laboratory.
- Record inventory changes as supplies and reagents are used.
- Analyze data and interprets results.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and protocols.
- Present and discuss results of experiments with the department and project teams.
- Work well in a team environment, suggesting creative solutions and providing input to project planning.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Train others in areas of expertise.
- Troubleshoot problems and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor laboratory safety and perform regular safety checks.
- Contribute to maintaining a clean lab space.
- Make suggestions to improve work processes and laboratory environment.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific publications.
Physical/Mental Demands and Environmental Characteristics
- Bachelors degree in biology or a related field
- Minimum years of experience: 2 years
- Basic understanding of cellular biology, molecular biology and virology
- Able to learn new skills quickly
- Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, techniques, instruments and equipment.
- Basic understanding of Universal Precautions and Basic Lab safety.
- Able to repeat a procedure in the laboratory multiple times in exactly the same way.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills and critical-thinking skills.
- Capable of searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics.
- Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software.
- Ability to work with a high level of independence to design, troubleshoot, and execute experiments.
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Associated topics: agrosciences, air, climate, conservation, environmental science, farm, field, ocean, sustainability, waste
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...