Director Market Research
Compensation: $111,126.67 - $161,520.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life. I: Job Summary
Responsible for developing and leading a best-in-class, enterprise level Market Research function. II: Responsibilities
- Partners with Senior Director, Commercial Insights in building a best-in-class, enterprise level Market Research function.
- Develop process for enterprise level market research function from budgeting to project management
- Identify gaps in market research capabilities and propose solutions
- Stays abreast of market research innovations and industry best practices
- Develops and implements market research strategy across the organization.
- Establish standing as the enterprise wide expert on market research
- Owns, develops, and executes the enterprise level market research plan down to the business unit level
- Influence change from status quo; adding significant value to the market research function
- Evaluate, prioritize, and propose trade-off alternatives to optimize budget ROI.
- Designs and leads market research projects, from inception to conclusion, in collaboration with business partners to drive business insights, decisions, and performance.
- Understanding the business need; designing a project to answer the business question
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Works collaboratively with internal partners to ensure business issues are translated into specific research questions with clear business impact and to secure input into the development of draft research materials (e.g., questionnaires, surveys, focus groups etc.)
- Responsible for qualitative and quantitative primary market research projects along with analysis of secondary sources to address key business questions
- Ensures execution of projects in a timely manner within the budgeted expenses
- Presents results and insights to the highest levels of leadership
- Identifies market research firms that have the necessary experience to support our project objectives.
- Provides input to business plans, brand strategies and life cycle management.
- Develops/coaches market research staff.
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- Ten years of experience in pharmaceutical market research with escalating leadership responsibilities.
- Responsibilities may require working outside of 'normal' work hours in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
- Some travel required to other Emergent offices; mainly Gaithersburg, MD
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...