Compensation: $97,050.00 - $151,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
ECS is seeking a Data Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office. Please Note:
ECS seeks a Data Engineer to support the data pipeline for the development and integration of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data/Cloud Solutions.
The candidate will have experience in managing, manipulating, storing and parsing data in a data pipeline for variety of computer vision and other AI applications. The work is performed in a multidisciplinary team environment in an agile project framework. The candidate must be highly motivated and enthusiastic about implementing new technologies in a small team environment where deadlines are important to national security.
- Work closely with data engineers and architects to engineer ETL solutions to prepare for ingest into machine learning development environments
- Design, develop and maintain data services and/or pipelines as part of an Agile/Scrum team
- Code, test and implement ETL logic
- Support continuous process automation for data ingest
- Support the development and integration of ML algorithms for testing and operational deployment
- Perform data analysis to assist in decision-making
- Work with program management and engineers to implement and document complex and evolving requirements
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and successful perform under changing requirements and deadlines
- Help cultivate an environment that promotes customer service excellence, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Must be a US Citizen and Secret Clearance eligible
- A Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Math, Finance, Statistics, Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent field
- 2-7+ years of hands-on work experience in one of the related areas: Data Science, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Proficient parsing / ETL-ing data into a variety of formats for ML applications, Test & Validation, metrics derivation
- Proficiency with Python, Linux shell and scripting languages
- Technical proficiency with transforming structured and unstructured data sets
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and communicate technical terms to non-technical audiences with an impeccable attention to detail
- Secret Clearance and eligible to obtain Top Secret
- Advanced degree (Masters) in a technical discipline
- Experience working with cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience working with Department of Defense (DoD) organizations or performers
- Experience with PySpark, Pandas
- Experience with Palantir Foundry
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data architect, data engineer, data integration, database, database administrator, hbase, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...