Creative Team Leader - Global Marketing Communications
Compensation: $62,360.00 - $108,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.POSITION SUMMARY
Eastman is seeking a talented, experienced and motivated Creative Team Leader to head up its in-house creative group. The successful candidate will be skilled in graphic design and art direction with a strong orientation toward digital. Advertising agency experience is preferred. Must be a strategic thinker that is focused on driving business results through exceptional creativity. This position uses leadership skills to build a high performing team and to collaborate across a matrixed organization. Responsible for directing all creative work including advertising, tradeshows, website design, social media, print production, video and other assets. Expected to be a practitioner in addition to a people leader. This position reports to the Global Marketing Communications Director, based in Kingsport, TN, and will interact frequently senior leaders in general management, marketing and sales.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and direct an internal creative team of approximately 15 people; govern the work of external agencies and freelancers.
- Serve as a member of the Marketing Communications Leadership Team.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion; review and approve work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear and innovative creative strategies and concepts that drive business results.
- Protect and enrich the various Eastman brands by ensuring brand guidelines are followed and work quality standards are upheld.
- Meet with internal business unit clients and/or upper management to pitch campaign strategies and creative concepts.
- Manage the hiring and development of creative team members to enhance Eastman's capability to deliver effective communications.
- Employ graphic design and art direction skills to expand overall creative capacity.
- Evaluate creative trends, assess the competitive landscape and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing best practices which are increasingly digital.
- Supervise the creative team's daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in graphic design; Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in graphic design and art direction across a variety of mediums including print, digital, photography, video and radio.
- Minimum of 10 years digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web, social media, email and emerging technologies.
- Several years experience as an effective people leader who can motivate, develop, organize and direct creative team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to persuade and sell in new ideas; comfort interacting with business-minded clients and internal staff alike.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with excellent presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience performing or managing a range of creative positions, such as graphic designer, art director and copywriter is important.
- Demonstrated expert use of Adobe Creative Cloud applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dimension and After Effects.
- Effective at developing content for global markets.
- Time-management skills; effective balancing competing priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...