Senior SQL Server DBA
Compensation: $91,730.00 - $131,820.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Discovery Health Partners offers payment and revenue integrity solutions that help health payers improve revenue, avoid costs, and enhance the member experience. We offer a unique combination of deep healthcare expertise and analytics-powered technology solutions to help our clients improve operational efficiency, achieve financial integrity, and generate measurable results.POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Data Base Administrator (Senior DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company. It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The Senior DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment. Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment. Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
Complying with HIPAA regulations as well as Discovery s HIPAA and Information Security policies and procedures, including required training and incident reporting.Key Role/Responsibilities:
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Work with the transaction processing area to develop both the physical and the logical database administration functions and assists in the development of our processing database and computing environments.
- Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
- Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
Required SkillsRequired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 7+ years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 7+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience
Discovery Health Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Associated topics: data analytic, data architect, data center, data integration, data management, data quality, data scientist, etl, mongo database, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...